Chapter 31

Aiden's POV

Josh and I had decided that I would take morning Alpha duties then I would have Bayne for the afternoon. I was completely fine with that, seeing as how she's been sleeping in a lot more, she'll be awake when I walk into our room. I couldn't help the smile that crept up on my face as I thought about spending the afternoon with Bayne.

"What's with the smile?" Aaron asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Just thinking... What's up?" Aaron had taken over training regiments and was doing a great job with it. He wasn't as hard as Bayne was but he got the message across.

"Are you ready? You may be an Alpha, but you need to train too." Aaron's arms were crossed as he waited for me to get up and come with him.

"Oh right, yah I'll be right out. I just need to finish up this last document. It shouldn't take me more than a few minutes." My attention went from Aaron to the paper in front of me. I groaned internally as I realized my dad didn't keep up with the written requests from pack members. I couldn't be mad at him because he had stepped up and took over when we needed him to, and the approval needs to be from the current alpha, but he didn't know about half of the things we added or changed since he retired. This just made for a little extra paper work that needed to be taken care of before we got too far behind.

~

It was about 1:30 when I finished training with Aaron and was finally headed up to Bayne. I had a few documents that I needed to go over and give my approval, but I could do that while I was with Bayne.

When I opened the bedroom door I peaked in and saw my beautiful mate sleeping on her back, her face turned to her left so it was facing the door. I smiled and walked in quietly. I made sure my footsteps were quiet enough to not wake her as I went around to my side of the enormous bed. The bed had seemed overkill when we ordered it, but now I could see that the bed was the perfect size. There was just enough space for all three of us. I climbed in on Bayne's right side and rested my back on the headboard as I went through the documents one by one. Most of them were requests from pack members on little, fairly insignificant things like vacation requests or temporary pack transfers. I didn't see any that seemed unreasonable.

It had been at least thirty minutes after I walked in before I saw any movement in Bayne. She had been tired lately and didn't know why although Josh and I think it's her body still working some of the chemicals out of her system. She not only acted overly tired but she looked it too, some mornings she looked as if she hadn't slept in weeks. Zackary couldn't find anything wrong with her, not that we could get Bayne in for regular visits, but when we did there was nothing physically wrong with her. Maybe it's all in her head?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Bayne groan and caught her shifting out of the corner of my eye. Her eyes fluttered open and she automatically looked over at me.

"Did you have a nice nap?" I asked with a smile on my face, she looked amazing, her hair was all over the place and her breathing was still deep. I chuckled when Bayne gave me a look that would otherwise frighten anyone who saw it. I knew that Bayne was not amused, she thought naps were a waste of time. Not that she had anything better to do with her time right now, but she didn't like falling asleep in the middle of the day.

"Shouldn't you be working on keeping this pack on track? I know Aaron is a decent fighter, but he's the only one in this house that is giving all of his attention to the betterment of the pack." Bayne's voice was heavy with sleep and sounded absolutely divine, if I could wrap myself in her voice I would never get out of bed.