Chapter 45

Aaron's POV

My happy mood after seeing Bayne's daughters was short lived. We had a guest downstairs that needed to be put down, slowly and very painfully. I had told Tori what the asshole told me about the transfer of power, even though she told me she was okay with it I knew she wanted to have a part in ending him, but she wouldn't put the baby at risk. I let Josh and Aiden know what I was planning on doing simply for their benefit. It didn't matter if they were technically my Alphas now, if they told me not to kill Sercko I would anyway. The bastard needs to die. I had everything I needed as I walked down to the cells. I was ready for this, he monster behind those bars made sure of that. There were guards posted at the doors, simply to help me if I needed it. I probably wouldn't until it came to making Sercko drink the dead wolf's blood.

Stepping in front of the rogues cell I studied him. He was mangy, even on two legs. He was covered in dirt from head to toe, and he could use a breath mint. But none of that would matter soon.

"You hear to tell me that if I behave like a good little doggie that your Alphas will spare my life?" he asked with a knowing smile on his face. I cocked my head and huffed, "I told you how to kill that son of a bitch. I told you what to do and how to make sure his death was painful, just like you wanted..." I interrupted him by laughing then shook my head.

"Your help was unsolicited rogue. You gave up that information without asking for a deal and with no promise of your life being spared. We owe you nothing. However, your assistance is needed one more time." This time it was my turn to smile at him while he cocked his head.

"What do you need? I don't have much, but I'll do whatever you need me to do." I motioned for the guard to unlock his cell. The rogue stepped back from the door as I entered, his eyes immediately catching the dagger I had in my hand.

"Ah, I see you've caught on..." I took another step closer to him. "Now, you said a dead wolf's blood will kill Sercko... but I don't have a spare dead wolf just lying around here somewhere. So I need a dead wolf. Preferably one that won't be missed by any pack member. You seem like the perfect fit. You don't know anyone here, no one cares for you, you won't be missed, and we need to get rid of you anyway. It's really a win-win for me. I get to kill you and then I get to use you to kill him." I pointed behind me to the vampire that was watching all this happen quietly in his own cell. The rogues face paled and his eyes got glossy. He had no hope of talking his way out of this. He didn't even try to convince me that he could be of use to us alive. "Alright... seeing as how we need some of your blood to finish the job on your buddy behind me, I'm thinking a single wound that won't make you bleed too much but will make it excruciatingly painful."

"His temple." I turned around at the sound of Bayne's voice to see her with Tori, Josh and Aiden. "You'll hit a few nerves there then enter the brain. If he lives through the first assault on the frontal lobe then just give the dagger a little twist and he's writhing in pain, but won't be able to do anything about it." her explanation was so casual that it scared the piss out of the rogue, literally.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" she shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'll get my rest when this is over. For now, since I can't have any of the fun I might as well watch. Get what closure I can from this." I nodded then looked to Tori. She smiled at me then nodded.

"The temple it is then. Now, don't squirm too much. You squirm and I might have to take another stab at it." I heard Josh and Aiden chuckle behind me, but the rogue in front of me frowned. "Well, at least they think I'm funny." I gave a shrug then walked over to him and sighed. The rogue didn't move except to look behind me and nod.