Chapter 39

Bayne's POV

I had fallen asleep between Josh and Aiden a few minutes after they told me about my heat. They insisted that I get as much rest as I could while I was not screaming and seething in pain. I tried to tell them that I would be fine, that I had been through worse, but they eventually won when they laid me on the bed and Aiden plopped himself down on top of me. I didn't want to admit it to them, but I was tired when they brought me up here. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before because of the two horn dogs sharing the bed.

I could feel Aiden and Josh around me, Josh up near my head and Aiden down by my waist. Their breathing was deep and even, evidence of them being asleep, but I couldn't seem to get my mind to settle down enough for me to fall back to sleep. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular, but something was always on my mind. It was hot in our room, I was burning up being between these two living heaters, not to mention my own body heat added to the mix. Normally their warmth brings comfort, but now it just brings panting. I tried to get them to move off of me, but any time I moved one he would just find his way back to me while I was maneuvering the other. Their grips on my body got tighter and their body heat seeped over to me. I felt like I was lying in a puddle of sweat. My hair was sticking to the back of my neck and forehead. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't get comfortable, and I couldn't sleep. I had to get out of here. I had to go for a walk in the cool night air or something. I just had to get out of this sauna of a room.

I had just gotten Josh's arm off from around my stomach when a burning pain started in my chest and continued down my spine and settled in my abdomen. I kept quiet, not wanting to wake Aiden and Josh, but my breathing was now coming in short pants. I knew it was the beginning of my heat, but I didn't expect it to feel like that. I guess heat hurts no matter how high your pain tolerance is. Another wave of burning passed through me, but this time it started up in my head and went down to my hips. It felt as though my body was being ripped apart. I couldn't help the whimper that escaped my mouth. I instantly felt concern from Josh and Aiden, who were sitting up and trying to sooth me with their words in minutes. Their words did nothing but reassure me that they were beside me. The pain in my head was unbearable and growing by the second, I had to close my eyes when Aiden turned on the lamp on the bedside table.

"The light, turn it off..." Josh's voice was rushed and sounded farther than I knew he was. The light was gone in a nanosecond, but when I opened my eyes a nauseating feeling came over me that had me closing them once again. "She's burning up..." Josh's voice came through muffled, but his concern and worry was as clear as day.

"Why do you think they call it heat?" Aiden was not helping the situation by antagonizing his brother, but right now I didn't have the energy or the strength to tell him to knock it off.

"I know that! But she's too hot. She'll overheat if we don't do something to cool her down." Just as Josh finished another earthshattering wave of pain crashed through me. It had me lurching forward and gasping for air.

"The tub, what if we give her a cold bath? That would cool her down." I was willing to try just about anything. So long as it got rid of the pain and the heat.

"It's worth a shot. I'll start the water; you get her ready." I felt Josh move off the bed and every step he took towards the bathroom was another crippling pain in my head and stomach.

"I know it hurts now babe, but it'll get better." Aiden said as he cupped my face in his hands. A whine slipped from my lips, I was practically begging Aiden to take the pain away. I heard Josh shout from the bathroom, but my mind was so hazy that I didn't process anything he said. I then felt Aiden move away, which only caused the pain in my head to increase. There was a pressure on my back and my legs as Aiden picked me up and started moving. I was painting and twitching almost constantly. My head felt like it was swimming in hot oil, I couldn't think straight. I hardly registered the feeling of cold water surrounding me as Aiden lowered me into the tub. Josh's hands returned and held onto my hand while Aiden supported my back and kept my head above water.

"The cold water didn't do much." Aiden's voice was low and sounded sad. I just held their hands tighter and tried to relax, try being the operative word.

"Give it some time, it doesn't happen instantly."

"There's got to be something to help. Zachary has to have a suppressor of some sort." Aiden's voice was so filled with worry that I could practically taste it.

"NO!" I thought I yelled, but it came out as a whisper. Even though the volume of my plea wasn't high the boys heard me loud and clear. I was shaking by this time, mostly from pain but the cold of the water finally registered with my nerve endings.

"Bayne, I don't like seeing you in pain. There's two ways to help the heat pass. Either a suppressor and sleep through it, or Josh and I help you by distracting from the pain with pleasure."

"And the pain is only going to get worse as the week progresses." I looked up at Josh with wide eyes. How could anything be worse than this? I was in absolute agony; no torture I've been through has even come close to this kind of pain.

"You've cooled down significantly, but this is only a temporary fix." Josh put his hand on my forehead and pushed my hair back into the water. I could hear my teeth chattering but I still felt uncomfortably warm.

"I'll go talk to Zachary... see if he'll give me something for this." Aiden was turning around when my arm shot out and stopped him.

"No... no doctors... no drugs..." my breathing was uneven because of the cold temperature. My grip on Aiden's arm was light but commanding.

"We have to do something..." I turned my attention to Josh then back to Aiden.

"Help me through it..." both their eyes darkened with their animal.

"Sweet heart you know what that means don't you?" Josh caressed my check as he asked. I simply nodded, I knew that asking them to help me was the same as asking them to mount me like a dog. I knew it meant that I would be in bed while they satisfied me sexually. I knew all this, and for the first time in my life since I was taken from my family I was okay with needing help. I didn't want drugs to put me to sleep and I definitely didn't want that doctor in here.