Chapter 28

Aiden's POV

"Damn." Bayne breathed out. She was beautiful, and now with her wearing our marks she was officially ours, and officially our Luna. I smiled down at her thinking of our future together; her being the mother of Josh and my pups, a smile on her face with no impending war or threat. The perfect ending to the craziness of what we call our life.

"How do you feel?" Josh asked our beautiful mate. I couldn't stop smiling; she was officially clamed as ours and wore our marks to prove it. Bayne focused for a few seconds, then looked up at the both of us. I heard a loud smack before I felt it; I brought my hand up to my red check and rubbed it trying to get the stinging to subside. Then I heard another smack followed by Josh groaning.

"I guess we deserve that." Josh said under his breath.

"Damn right you do." Bayne huffed; I turned to her and my eyes widened. "What?" she asked me taking in my look of shock. I breathed out a chuckle and smiled down at her.

"You slapped us..." Josh beamed at the fact that our mate had slapped us. "Just this morning you couldn't make a fist with your hand and now..." Her eyes widened as she brought her hands up and examined them. Her hands were still pale, and shaking, but she was able to move them.

"It worked?" she questioned.

"It worked." I confirmed with a chuckle, "Can you move or feel or move anything else?" Bayne looked down towards her feet and frowned.

"No... just my hands." She sighed.

"Hey, it's okay, it will come back. Just give it time." Josh said.

"Ugh!" Bayne covered her eyes with her shaking hands and started rubbing her forehead.

"You got a headache?" I asked

"Yah..." she sighed and brought her hands down and folded them on her stomach. Josh stood up and walked over to Bayne's side and sat her up so he could get behind her. "What are you doing?"

"Helping." He sat down, one of his legs on each side of her body, on the bed with Bayne in his lap resting her head on his chest and started rubbing her neck and shoulders. She closed her eyes and sighed as her head went forward. "Wow." Josh said astonished.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"The amount of knots she has. No wonder you're so uptight." He said jokingly. I just laughed and sat next to them. I reached out and grabbed her hands in mine, rubbing circles on the back of them with my thumbs. Bayne's shoulders relaxed a little more as Josh continued to work out the knots in them, and the best part was; she didn't push us away. I smiled as I looked at Bayne and her response to our actions, her breathing steadied, her guard came down, and I think I saw the corners of her mouth twitch upward.

"Knock, knock." I turned to see Zachary standing in the doorway. "I see the marking went well." He walked in and went to check some of her vitals. "How are you feeling now?" he asked Bayne.

"I can't move anything below my waist, how do you think I feel?" she was definitely not happy with Zachary.

"But you can move your hands?" he clarified.

"Why don't you come a little closer? I'll demonstrate." Bayne growled out. Josh and I laughed, but knew she was completely serious.

"Do you feel any pain?" Zachary asked, trying to be professional and not yell at his new Alpha Female.