Chapter 15

Josh's POV

It had been a shock to find out that our original thought of Bayne Silver had been wrong. For the first few months after the attack on our pack my brother and I had tracked were Bayne had been; all the Alphas had said that he and his friend had come in, saved their pack, and left by the next morning. Bayne was not the monster we thought he was, and both my brother and I had felt bad for thinking that he was. We had never gotten the chance to thank him for helping us when we were away. He saved our pack when we weren't there to protect them, and if we are ever given the chance, my brother and I will make sure he knows how much we appreciate it.

Unfortunately, we couldn't focus on thanking Bayne for saving everyone, about a month ago the rogue sightings had become more frequent, and the number of rogues had increased steadily through the weeks. Then, after tracking one of them we discovered that we not only had a rogue problem, but also a hunter infestation. They were everywhere, and there were too many to count. There were several attacks that we could fend off, but we can't keep the numbers down for long.

"Aiden, we can't keep fighting them off like this. They're coming with more rogues and hunters every day." I had been pleading with my brother to realize that asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of wisdom.

"No, we can handle them; they're just a bunch of wolves that don't have a pack they belong to." He tried to explain.

"Look around! They have formed a pack with the hunters and other rogues. They are getting stronger, there are more of them, and they have the hunter's technology to take us down. We need help." He sighed and looked down at the floor.

"You're right... but who's going to help? The closest pack big enough to help is North Sky pack, and they're still a full day's run. We would have to have them stay here, and having three Alphas under one roof, plus all his warriors who chose to come..." Aiden thought out loud as he put his head in his hands.

"I know, but it's worth a shot. We don't know what he'll say until we ask, right?" Aiden was about to answer when there was a knock at the door. "Come in." I called.

"I know you are both distressed and don't know what to do." Margret, a seer currently staying with us, said as she came into our office.

"Margret? Did you see something?" Aiden asked with concern. Lately her visions have been of mass killings and the cries and sorrow of mates over the loss of their other half.

"I did," she said as she sat down, "And you both will like this vision." She told us. I looked into her clouded white eyes in confusion; however, due to her blindness she did not see my expression. She held out her hands for both of us to take. "I will show you what I've seen." With that we were sucked into her vision.

We were outside the pack house, the sky was blue and the birds were chirping; the picture perfect day. Pack members started coming out of the house and standing behind Aiden and myself. We were waiting for something, but I don't know what. Then as if hearing my thoughts, twenty wolves came out of the tree line. I knew they were not rogues; however something about them seemed off. I was anxious and jumpy and I saw Aiden was as well.

One of the wolves shifted and stepped forward, I instantly recognized him as Alpha Jeremy Bryk from the North Sky pack. I smiled knowing that if I called him he would in fact come to our aid.

"Alphas Josh and Aiden Witwer... it's good to see you." Jeremy said

"You have no idea." My brother and I said in unison.

"You will have to excuse my pack trainer, had to run a few things off before meeting you both." He said as he shook our hands.

"It's no problem, just let us know when he gets here, we can't wait to meet him." Aiden said

"I'm sure."

The vision blurred and I felt like I was flying, trees and bushes whipped past me creating smudges of green and brown. Suddenly I was hit with an intoxicating smell, I couldn't define it, all I knew is I wanted more. Within seconds we were in a small clearing, not too far from the house, and the sight before me shocked both me and my brother; a black wolf, standing above the dead bodies of five hunters. The bodies had been damaged beyond recognition and the wolf looked beyond pissed.

"What the hell happened?" I asked in shock. The black wolf took its eyes off the body directly underneath it and looked at me. Instantly I knew that the wonderful smell was coming from her, she was my mate.

"Mate." Both Aiden and I said. The black wolf snarled at us and went behind a tree only to come back fully clothed...

"That's all I saw." Margret's voice pulled me out of the vision as her hand slipped from mine.

"I don't understand..." Aiden said as he scratched his head. "We..." he looked up at me "We have the same mate?" he asked this time looking at Margret, who only nodded. "But... but how?" he asked now beyond confused.

"I don't know, but I do know that your mate will come with the North Sky pack if you ever call them, and the sooner the better." With that Margret got up and left our office.

"Make that call." Aiden said although he didn't need to, I was already at the phone punching in Alpha Jeremy's number. I held my breath as it rang; if he didn't come to help I don't know what we were going to do.

"Alpha Jeremy Bryk speaking," he answered

"Ah Jeremy, I'm glad I got a hold of you. This is Alpha Josh Witwer from Twin moon pack."

"Josh, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Jeremy asked. I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"My brother and I have a small... well, rather large rogue and hunter problem." I could hear the embarrassment in my own voice.

"Oh? How big?" Jeremy questioned

"Biggest group of hunters I've ever seen, and the rogues are coming in by the dozen." I paused, "My brother and I were calling to ask for some help, seeing as how you are the closest pack, and the largest one around us."

"Well Josh, I do believe I have some warriors who would be willing to help... one in particular."

"Wonderful. When can we be expecting you?" my brother asked.

"When do you need us there?" Jeremy asked.

"The sooner the better, our seer says that the hunters won't wait long to strike, and the sooner you got here the better it would be for our packs." I told him.

"Very well, I'll get my elites and a few others to pack their things and we'll be there by the end of the week." Jeremy said

"Thank you Alpha." I smiled widely and felt a great weight lifted off my shoulders when we hung up.