Alive

I wake up to the sound of a heartbeat tracker, and I slowly opened my eyes. Everything looked so familiar, like I was in a dream. Like I was in the hospital again. I turn my head, and I see Adam in the next bed over, and Neil in the third, and across from me was Barry. Brad was crying, shivering like he lost his whole family. The family he loved. I looked at Brad, and he had a cast on his arm, and stiches going across his cheek.

I looked at Adam, and I heard his heart tracker. His heart was just barley beating.

My eyes opened wider, and I looked over to Brad, he looked so sad.

“Brad”

Brad looked over at me with red, bloodshot eyes. He looked like he didnt sleep for days.

“Ashley!”

Tears of joy ran down his face as he limped towards me.

“We wrecked really badly.”

“Wow”

“Im scared, but since your here and alive I feel so much better.”

I looked at him, and he looked so miserable.

A tear went down my face as I hugged Brad.

“Do you have any idea if we are going to finish the tour?”

“I dont care about the tour I care about you guys.”

Pulaski walked into the room.

“Hey, Ashley.”

“Pulaski!”

He walks over and holds my hand, like I was too fragile right now to hug.

“You guys are going to be out in about 4 days.”

“Is Adam going to be alright?” I say, scared.

“We arent really sure yet. Right now we just have to keep his heart rate going and then we can take care of him when his heart rate is strong enough.”

I look over at Adam, and he looked dead.

“Well, I better get going, you have to fall back asleep so Brad can get some sleep too” Pulaski looks over at Brad.

Pulaski left the room, and I looked at Adam. What if he was dead? He sure looked dead. But he was still beutiful.

But I need Adam to live. I would take my life for him to live.

Adam has to live.

He lunged to protect me from the crash. He knew it would happen. He really does love me.

We really do have an irreplacable love.

But without Adam, Im worth nothing.

The only reason why I am alive is because of Adam and everyone in this room.

If they die, what would I do?

Die. Thats what I would do.