Connection

Things faded into place, but this time I was in a breezy field, a cloudless, blue sky filled my eyes, and I felt the green grass underneath my feet.

I was laying in the grass, and I saw a person walking up the hill I was laying on. It felt like he was trying to find me.

The sun shined in his face. It was Adam.

“ADAM?? Why are you in my dream?”

“Oh my god.. Why are you in mine??” He ran over and lied right next to me.

“I guess we are in eachother’s dreams..”

“Thats funny”

“What if what your really saying in my dream is what your saying in your dream?”

“Well I think it is..”

“Lets test it”

“Okay, say hello if you are in a dream with me in it, and Im saying this to you” Adam squints at me.

“Hello…”

“I guess we are..”

“Wait a minute..” I remembered when we were in a coma at the hospital after the crash, we had a connection between dreams.

“We really ARE having a connection!” I hug him, he smells just like himself.

“Ashley..” he automatically bursts into tears for some reason.

“Whats wrong??” I look at him.

“Please come back…”

“Why? I'm ruining your life!! You need to be happy.. Im making you the opposite”

“NO! You aren't! You made my life happier than it was ever before! And you left me.. It makes me feel the complete opposite of happy..” He starts crying again.

“Come on, I know it will be hard for both of us for a while, but once you get used to it you will be happier than ever”

“What about you? You won't” He frowns.

“No, don't think about me. Be selfish for once. I don't matter anymore.”

“YES you do!”

“Please come back” He cries even more.

“No.. I can't..”

“But you broke your promise… You said you would be there for me!!”

“I can't promise you that because it will ruin your life!! Trust me.. Please”

“No! I want you back..” He sobs even more.

“I can't.. Please just get over me..”

He stops, and he looks at me.

“I will never get over you..”

He grabs my head and kisses me.

It was absolute HEAVEN, and it felt really realistic.

I kiss back, but I didn't have control of myself because I loved him so much.

We kiss forever, and then he finally stops.

“I need this in my life.. I need you”

I look up at him.

“I can't.. But we can be together in our dreams.. Forever.”

“But I need you in reality..”

“I'm waking up.. I have a long walk ahead of me” I squeezed his hand.

“NO! Don't leave me here!” He starts crying.

“Look. Please forgive me.”

He looks at me.

“I'm gone forever. Find someone else who you don't have to take care of.”

I hug him, and he weakly hugs back, sobbing. He finally gave up.

“But I love you…”

“Bye, Adam..” I start walking toward some lighted tunnel that randomly appeared, and I knew it was a way to wake up because the same tunnel appeared last time.

“NO!” He grabs my hand, like he was desperate for me to stay.

“NO ADAM. Okay??” I yank my hand back, and he reaches for me, and he notices he cant go through the tunnel I went through, but he had to go through the tunnel across from it.

“I NEED YOU!” He sobs as I float through, and soon it became black, and everything faded away.

I woke up, and I noticed it was just a dream. JUST A DREAM.

I needed to leave him alone, no matter what he says, no matter how much he begs. I was the wrong person for him.

I get up and packed back the things I took out and started walking again.

I licked my lips, and I realized that they were tingling, like when I kissed Adam in reality.

I refused to believe it.

“IT WAS JUST A DREAM!” I yell out, and I kept on walking.