Chapter 3; Earthquake

I was running down to the parking lot. Everyone's looking at me in the lobby. God! Patay ako nito! The Old Santillan's hates the late comers, especially an ocassion like this. We've been taught so many things when were young up until now. Not that I complained, it's just that hindi namin kinaya yung iba.

While driving, my phone keeps ringing. And I can't answer it cause I don't wanna risk my safety. Rule #1: No phones allowed while driving. It's been taught to us by the oldies. That no matter how important the call is, we should ignore it. Cause it may cause uncertain result while were driving. A lot of times kasi na muntik ng maaksidente si Benedict kakacellphone habang nagdadrive.

Kaya lang, hindi ako nakatiis. I immediately parked my car sa gilid. It's Jana, and I could guess why she calls.

  " I'm on my way cous. " bungad ko sa kanya.

" What? While driving? " she concernedly asked.

" No. Of course. I parked. " I replied.

I heard her sighed.

" Nag start na ba? "

" Apparently, hindi pa. You should thank na Trisha's brother and father is not here yet. Or else, lagot ka. " sabi niya habang tumatawa.

" So why are you hurrying me? " I irritately asked.

" Chill cous! It's just that tita and the oldies keep asking me what took you long. And also Benedict, he keeps on asking me. "

" Sorry cous. After my class kasi, I'll take a nap. Napasarap tulog ko. " I reasoned out.

" Ooh. It's okay cous. You deserve that for a tiring day. "

" Yeah. I have to keep moving cous. Bye. See you in a minute. "

I quickly start the engine. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Before I enter the Elites Village, the guard just asked me some questions. And after a second, he let me in. Santillan's are rich but as I look at each house that I passed, I can tell that the people who lived here are damn filthy rich.

Pero bigla akong kinabahan at hindi ko alam kung bakit or it's just that I was dazzled by the surroundings. As I saw the house, wow! That's all I could say. It's a mansion. Triple yung laki ng bahay namin.

The guard saw and he opens the gate for me. There are 10 to 15 cars parked. And the best sight I'll ever see was their big lawn na parang pang soccer field sa sobrang lawak. Lanters were everywhere. I felt like I was on a date nor attending an engagement party.

And the interior design was combined with Spanish and modern design. As I step out of my car, I was embraced by a cold wind that made me shiver.

I saw some people looking at me. And I could tell that they are related to Trisha. And honestly, I've just met her nung sa proposal na ni Benedict. And I could say that she's nice and beautiful. And somewhat, she reminds me of someone. They had the same soft features.

And I was about to enter when a girl approaches me. She has long blonde hair, fair skin, a petite figure. She has a warm smile and she has this soft features too. They have the same color of Trisha's eyes, a green one. And I could guess that she's younger than me.

" Are you Alexis Santillan? " she asked me with full of energy.

I nodded awkwardly while I smile forcedly. My response made her more cheerfully that made her eyes glow.