Chapter 12; The Other Side

JAY

Earlier.

I was tapping the pencil as I was listening to my father discussing some stuff in our hotel. My day always start like this, not that I was being lazy but I find it boring sometimes. We owned chains of restaurant in many places and because I love to cook, I took Hotel And Management. And I could say that I'm a sexy chief! Totoo. Walang halong biro

And when the meeting is done, I stretched my body for sitting how many hours. Sa totoo lang, mas gusto ko pang magluto buong araw kaysa makinig ng meeting. As I stood up and ready to leave the conference room, dad called me.

" Angelo son. Did you confess already? " he said while smiling so wide.

I groaned at his remark. Ito na naman ang aking ama na daig pa sa reporter kung makapagtanong! His always like this, asking for an update.

" Dad! " I said in a warning tone. And he got what I wanted to tell. He laughed his heart out like he was just an ordinary person, not a CEO.

" Sorry, son! When will you confess to her?  God! Ang torpe ng anak ko. " he said while shaking his head.

" Hindi ako torpe dad. And you knew the reason why I can't. I'm going. Say hi to mom for me. " I said and left.

While heading to our restaurant, I was still thinking about it, the reason. I'm just looking for the perfect timing. Ayoko namang biglain siya dahil baka masapak niya ako. Knowing her? Hindi lang siguro sapak ang matatanggap ko. And I'm afraid of the outcome if I tell her. Maybe, I'll show her slowly that I like her knowing that his back. I admit it, I'm threatened at his presence. Damn!

I missed her. It's been 3 days? I lost count. Pero sa tuwing nagkikita kami, she's always at her vulnerable state. The first one was when her cousin Jana called me that time, asking if were together. Then I said no, and I knew that moment something ain't right when she messaged me early in the morning. Something happened.

I'm all aware that she has a strict family. She grew up following all the rules made by her grandma. Doing things she doesn't want and I could say that I'm so fucking lucky. And I salute her cause she doesn't even try to be a rebel one. That day, after her cousin called, I willingly help them to find her. I tried calling her but she's unattended.

Sobra akong nag-alala sa kanya non. Kung saan ko siya hinanap pero wala eh. She's good at this, in hiding. Naturingan akong kaibigan niya pero parang wala naman akong kwenta. Like she doesn't trust me. And it's making me mad at the thought. I respect her decision pero kasi, she's keeping it in herself. She doesn't even open up to me as a normal friend would do. We didn't find her and I felt so relieved when I saw her post on IG. Enjoying her escapade in the North. We just let her cause she also needed it. I wanna go to her first thing in the morning but I was busy that day.

And the second one is when her cousin called me again almost crying and I was so fucking nervous cause I know, something worst happened again. She said that she didn't leave a messaged to them, she's unattended again. Kahit nasa kalagitnaan ako ng meeting, I excused myself. Damn Alexis! You always make us worried. I went to her unit first but she wasn't there. I was searching her all night but damn! Hindi ko siya nakita. I was waiting for Jana's text. Actually, hindi kami close ng pinsan niya. And because she's fun to be with, she really has a great sense of humor. Naging komportable narin ako sa kanya.

Hindi ako masyadong nakatulog knowing that she didn't come home. I was mad at her. Fucking mad! Pero mas nangingibabaw ang pag-aalala ko sa kanya. I was about to take a nap when my phone rang. Jana is calling saying that she got home.  I take a quick shower then I'm off to.

As I reached her unit, the room shouts tension. Benedict was sitting on the sofa, more like calming himself while Jana was drinking water. They so messed up. Like they've been in a serious fight.

" Hey, Jay! I'm sorry for disturbing you. Uhm.  She's fine. She's sleeping right now. " she apologetically said. From her looks, I could see that she's been crying. She cried.

" It's okay Lexus. I'm willing to help though. Can I see her? " I asked her and she leads me to her room.

And there, I saw her peacefully sleeping. Just looking at her right now, makes me feel so sorry. She looks so tired and weak, even though she's sleeping, you could see that she looks so troubled. I sit beside her, I put some hair strands in the back of her ear. I caressed her cheeks then my hand land on her hand. She has soft hands, she's like a gem that should be taken care of. And I hope that I could be that person.

Maybe she felt my presense cause she's slowly waking up. She was shocked when she saw me, I tried to smile but I just couldn't. Looking at her state? Fuck! I wanna hug her so damn tight! I help her to sit comfortably in the headboard.

" What are you doing her Jay? " she asked me. Like she doesn't want me to see her hopeless state.

" Are you also here para pagalitan ako? " she joked after I was silent for a moment. But what she said right makes me mad.

" That was really my plan but when Jana called me saying what happened, natunaw yung galit ko. Napalitan ng pag-aaalala, kaya i immediately rushed here to check on you. " I said, almost like a whisper.

She looked down and I was damn panicking when I saw her cry. Fuck me! What have you done? I don't know what to do! Fuck! I suddenly hug her.

" Hush now Sammy. Shit! Stop crying now. Baka masuntok ako ng pinsan mo pag nakita ka na naman niyang umiiyak. " I said freakingly.

" Y- you said th-that your m-mad at me. " she said between her sobs. I wanna punch myself for giving her the wrong idea.

" Fuck! It's a different kind of mad. I-it's just that I was only madly concerned at you! That was it. I'm not mad Sammy. Hush now Sammy, please? " I said in a pleading tone. I was just looking at her and I felt relieved when I hear her soft laughed.

" I hate seeing you like this. Stop it please? " I said begging at her. I can't just take it anymore, it hurts me more seeing her like that and finally, I saw her beautiful smile. And then we happily spend dinner together And I hope that it would be the last time that I would saw her crying. But I was wrong, cause a few days after. I received a messaged from Jana around 8:00 pm. It was just a plain messaged but it has a great impact on me. Then I found myself in the parking lot looking at her in a distance.

She's weak, literary. She was so messed up like she was lost in the darkness. I called her but she seemed preoccupied, she's pacing out. She was about to cry again that's why I called her again. Jesus! I fucking hate seeing her in this state again and again. But she didn't hear me. I ran towards her when I sense that she's about collapse, and I was just in time cause she freely fall in my arms. Damn! I was catching you all the time even if you didn't ask me to.