Chapter 23; History

I was having a hard time in my thesis. And I would agree to everyone who said that, kahit matalino ka, pag di mo gusto ang kurso mo, mahihirapan ka talaga. I am trying my best to understand my work, I am cramming because two weeks from now, defense na. My cousins we're saying na sisiw lang sakin toh. Oo, sisiw nga lang pero hindi ko alam kung ba't hindi ako makapag concentrate ngayon. Isang taon pa akong magtitiis sa kursong sila ang pumili. I need to unwind, sobrang stress na talaga. Sleeping late at night to review my notes and made some projects. Waking up early. When I reached uni, the library became my second home. Bahay-school lang ako. See how boring my life was during my college days. And I thanked God that I have a cousin like Jana. We don't understand why our parents were so strict to us. I am doing some homeworks when Jana called. Saying that she was outside. So I looked into my window to see if she was not fooling me. And there, I saw her grinning at me. She was wearing a high waist ripped shorts top by a white Sando covered by a black floral cardigan.

" Why are you here cous? Did you sneak again? " I asked her tho I knew already. Her presence shouts danger. A danger that if she caught by her mom, she will be punished. Big time.

" Uhuh! They wouldn't know that I sneak, you know me cous. Come on! Baba ka na! " she excitedly said not minding what I just said. And I am tempted and damn thrilled at the thought. Nababaliw na ako! But I did what she told. Niligpit ko ang gamit ko. I was still wearing my pajama. So I quickly went to my closet to pick clothes for tonight. Natataranta na ako dahil tunog ng tunog ang phone ko. Damn you cous! Stop hurrying me!

So I decided to wear tight blue skinny jeans and a white long sleeve polo. I looked like I am Flash right now! I grabbed my purse in the cabinet, I put there my wallet and my phone. I do it in a clean way para walang kaduda-duda. Mom wouldn't check me at this hour cause she knew that I am sleeping now. When it's all set, I snatched my peach heels and I went to my veranda to open the glass door. I stepped out at the end corner slowly then I jumped at the roof. Oh God! Am I really doing this? I fixed myself, computing on what am I gonna do next. The roof was close to the fence of our gate. Pero mahirap parin dahil may cctv sa labas ng bahay at may on duty na guard na. I glared Jana who is now enjoying of my situation. I texted her that there's a guard that's on duty now. I would just thumbs up and that's her cue to that I would jump off. She will catch me, that's the plan. Dahil kung hindi, pilay ang kalalabasan ko dahil mataas ang bagod namin. Goodluck talaga samin!

I waited for more than five minutes, nilalamok na ako! Damn that guard! Ang tagal umalis! But when I signed her my thumbs up, she knows what to do. I executed a sign of the cross before I fall my body and closed my eyes. I heard Jana groaned in pain but we stand up while laughing in our crazy stunt.

" Okay ka lang cous? " I concernedly asked her cause she was in pain.

" Medyo masakit lang ng konti yung likod at dalawang braso ko pero okay lang. Mawawala din toh. " she said assuring me. Then we start running to where her car is. She parked it in the dark area so no one could notice it.

We arrived in a big mansion house. Loud music echoed the lawn area, screaming people added the noise. Expensive cars are parked everywhere. She said earlier that we are attending a birthday party, her friend Von. I was a bit nervous tho it's not my first time to attend and sneak out. Palagi niya akong sinasama sa pagsibat niya, minsan kasama pa si Blue. Pero mas madalas, ako yung hinahatak niya. I was just sitting in the counter when a tall, fair and handsome guy offered me a drink. He was tall, fair and hot guy. To his washed up hair, playful brown eyes. His perfect pointed nose and to his pinkish lips. And from the looks of it, he was a fuckboy.

" I don't trust a stranger. Sorry. " I said frankly as I continued sipping my ladies drink. I don't drink liquors whenever we attend a party, I just don't. I saw him twitched his lips like he was amused by me and shocked was evident in his eyes as he looks at me, scanning.

" Woah! The Alexis Samantha Santillan is here? " he said unbelievably. I raised my brow at him. He knew me?

" You know me? " I asked like I was a lost child.

" Who wouldn't? " he said as his huge grin plastered in his face.

" I have no idea. " I said honestly to him. Hindi ko siya mamukhaan man lang or nakita somewhere.

" We're schoolmates. I'm from the engineering department. Heard of Angelo Gabriel Trinidad? Does it ring a bell? "

" The playboy? Ikaw yon diba?" I said the moment I remembered him. Binansagan siyang playboy sa uni kasi nga, alam na. I heard him groaned at my remark.

" Damn girl! " he said while chuckling as he drink.

" There you are jerk! You're hunting a prey for tonight again? " said by a cold and serious voice that appears out of nowhere. This one was a hot guy. His talk as well, a well built in body. With his brown eyes that full of mystery. To his pointed nose and a thin res lips. Every girls dream.

" Shut up Simon! "

" Oh! You are preying a wrong prey man. This one's off limits. Hey there Samantha! " he said casually like we're close. And this one knew me too! My schoolmate again? And it clicks! This one was Jana's keep talking about. I knew them by they're surnames but not they're faces. Angelo just nodded.

" I like this girl. She doesn't possessed by your charm. " he said then he sit beside his playboy friend and he ordered drinks.

" What's your type miss? If you won't mind. " Angelo asked with his hopeful eyes. Siniko nga nung isa.

" Stop it Gab. You're not his type. " he said mockingky. Nagsikuhan sila.

" I don't like playboy. That's all. "  I plainly. Who would like a playboy right? Tumawa lang yung isa habang si Angelo ay nanglumo.

" What's exactly your type miss? " asked by the playboy who is now eyeing some girls in the crowd. When I didn't answer him, he glanced at my direction. Waiting for me to spill it out.

I am doubting if I answered him. Pero iba kasi eh, yung panatag agad yung pakiramdam ko sa kanila kahit ngayon mo palang sila nakita at nakilala? Hindi man katiwa-katiwala ang Angelong toh, at ease parin yung pakiramdam ko sa kanya. They have this comforting aura, malalaman mo yan eh. My instinct says that they're safe and good. I was about to tell it to him when I saw a guy that captured my attention. He's presence shouts authority and coldness. And for the first time, I was intimated by someone. He has a black plain hair that covers her forehead that suits him. He's chinky green blank eyes that can hypnotised. He's cute perfect nose down to his red lips that's tempting. And his jaw. Damn shit with your thoughts Alexis! He was also tall, fair skin and build in body. He looked so breathtakingly hot in my eyes. My heart beats wildy when he glanced at my direction then to the two guys I'm with. Why am I feeling this? I was sweating cold. My hands are shaking for Pete's Sake! Nag fist bumb sila ng dalawa kong katabi and I was right that they are friends. He accidentally touched my arm cause he ordered a drink, and God! His cold voice and manly scent gives shiver to my system! What's happening to me? The moment when his skin touched mine, electricity flowed in my nerves. Why I'm having this weird feelings towards him? It's new to me. Maybe it's the effect of pineapple juice?

" I forget to introduced myself to you miss. I'm Simon Thunder De Silva. " he said as he forcely grabbed my hand to do some shake hands before he turned to the guy I can't even looked at! Cause his stares was so intensed, tagos sa buto.

" And this is Alexander Damon Monteverde. " he stop in mid sentence as he bend over to whisper something in my ear which caused me to blushed.

" And he is exactly your type. " he said huskily as he act normal like he didn't do anything.

Sashasunake; *