Chapter 31; History [9]

We enjoyed the dinner and now were lying, watching the stars above. Pagkatapos naming kumain, pinilit niya parin na magstargazing kami and it left me with no choice kasi pagdating namin sa rooftop, nakahanda na ang lahat.

" You know how to cook love? " he asked after the long silence. Nakaunan ako sa braso niya habang nakapalibot ang kamay niya sa bewang ko.

" It's been my passion, actually. " I said with a smile.

" So why did you take up Business Ad when you are good at cooking? "

" I would love to but, you don't always get what you what right? " sabi ko na pinasigla aking boses. Then I felt he moved, his looking seriously at me now.

" What? " natatawang sabi ko but he remained serious.

" What's stopping you love? " he said softly that I wanted to cry. I caressed his face and as he closes his eyes, he even held my hand. Like he doesn't want to let me go. Oh God! I wish that I could stay. I swallowed hard, instead of answering, I just divert the topic.

" You really loved business, don't you? " I said teasingly as I stopped of what I'm doing. I just concentrate on watching the sky that filled with shimmering stars.

" It actually runs in our blood love."

" But aside from business, what would you take if ever? " I asked him again and he was drowned in his own thoughts cause he was silent for a while.

" If ever love, I wanted to become a pilot or a doctor. But I can't. I want to help my father who gives his all to our business, it's his legacy that I want to continue. And it's my choice. " he added then he pulled me closer to him.  He held my chin and our eyes locked. I want to stop the time right now, I badly want. Cause I know, it was only temporary. One of these days, mom would be home. My days with him would be over. Just thinking of it, I'm missing him already. He would wonder why for sure if I will turn down his invites, and I don't want him to know what my life goes. It's fucking complicated. Damn! Sumasakit ulo ko sa mga pinag-iisip ko.

" What's bothering you love? " he asked full of concern. I just shook my head as a response. He put my hair at the back of my ear. Here goes my heart beating wildly.

" Why me Damon? " I asked him seriously.

" Why not you love! " he said while chuckling. Maybe he finds me funny but I'm damn serious. I rolled my eyes at him and he laughs more.

" I mean, ang dami namang iba dyan. Mas maganda, mas sexy, mas bagay sa----"

" I don't care about them. It's you that I want. " he said cutting me off. And as always, I'm speechless. He made me tongue tied. And I'm falling deeper and hard for him. Why is he like this? Mas mahihirapan ako lalo na makalimutan siya. Ba't ang perpekto niya sa paningin ko?

" What we have right now will fade. I mean, you can't be serious wit--- " I didn't finish my sentence when he stood up and yelled at me.

" WHY ARE YOU PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH WOMAN! " he said angrily. His veins was showing and his face was all red. I am nervous. Literally. I am not expecting him to be mad cause I was just telling the truth. Cause for Pete's Sake! He is Alexander Damon Monteverde! He used to date with supermodels, an achiever business women and name it all! And compared to me! I was just Alexis Samantha Santillan that nothing can be proud of! And he can't be serious with me cause we are too young for a serious matter like this! And I am not the right girl for him cause even in myself, I can't stand on my own. I can't even fight my own freedom!