Chapter 19; Illusion

I was disturbed from my deep sleep when I felt a hand tapping my cheeks followed by a familiar voice. I want to sleep more but then I felt a tickling thing in my ear which it tickles a lot. Hindi ko na sana papansin pero ang kulit talaga! Alam kung buhok ko yung ginagamit na pang kiliti sa tenga ko. Tapos mahinang tatawa. Sino ba toh? Nakakabwisit! Minulat ko ang mata ko ng dahan-dahan, I was adjusting from the light. And when I got a clearer view, napamura ako ng wala sa oras.

" Languange woman. " sita niya sakin.

" Then don't do that! " iritang sabi para itago yung kabang nararamdaman ko. Sino ba namang hindi mapapamura? Kung sobrang lapit niya sayo? Inirapan ko nga! God! Naconfused tuloy ako sa itsura ko ngayon.

" Where are we? " tanong ko sa kanya ng mapansin kung hindi pamilyar sakin ang lugar. Skyscraper builings are everywhere, like it was a place for elites.

" The main branch of Empire Hotel. I'll tour you around. Familiarise it and tomorrow, I'm gonna introduced you to all departments. And the next day, I'll teach you on how to manage the hotel step by step. " he explains and all I could do is to look at him like he has two heads. It didn't sink in my mind, honestly speaking. But one thing is clear, his orienting me on how to manage a damn hotel. D.A.M.N! He was controlling my life! Making decisions without even asking me first! I stepped out in his car.

" Wait! You? Preparing me on how to run a hotel? Seriously? " I asked in disbelief.

" Yes. Got problem with that? " he while raising his brows.

" Oo. I am managing my own business and at the same time, I am a student. So, I have no time for this. " I said as I walk away but what he replied stopped me.

" May I remind you that the moment we got engaged, you are not just engaged with me but also to our chains of hotels. So, you have no choice. " he said like he was challenging me. As I turned around to see him, his smug face irritates me more.

" All of you caught off me guard to this damn engagement. You even haven't asked me if I was fine with it. And yes, you all left me with no choice. So, don't expect me to cooperate with you. " matigas na sabi ko sa kanya. I was fighting a staring contest with him. Huh! Akala niya! But my defenses suddenly slowly fades when he starts to take his steps, coming near me with his intense stares. And when he was so fucking close to me, I hold my breath in an instance. Damn him for not knowing the word space but I'm not backing down. But then again, I shivered as he bends down. I could smell his manly scent and his warm breath touching my neck. Oh God! My heart beats abnormally as my cheeks start to heat up.

" If you won't cooperate with me, sad to say but I could burn into ashes your beloved businesses. " he whispered in my ear as he stepped back. And I'm not able to move of what I've heard. D.A.M.N.H.I.M!!

" Don't you dare!! " sigaw ko sa kanya ng makahuma na ako. But he just smirked at me.

" Try me baby. Try me. " instead he said. And for the second time, I felt scared again. Like in a snap of his finger, everything would be gone. I thought he was different from my Abuela but he was just like them. Manipulative. Controlling. Threatening. Just to get what they want. Not minding that they're hurting someone's feeling. How I hate life for being so unfair to me! I stared at the sky to prevent my tears from falling as I calming myself. I was so sensitive when it comes to this topic.

" Okay. Ituro mo lahat ng kailangan kung malaman. " I surrenderly said. Wala eh! Kahit anong gawin ko, wala na akong kawala. Siguro, dito talaga ako nababagay. I won't run anymore, I'm fucking tired. I will let them take the wheel of my life. What's the use of fighting my freedom when they won't let me free.