Chapter 36; Unfold

The moment that I said, okay, he immediately shifted back into being distant, cold and intimidating.

We were now facing the dark sea, it was so calm and relaxing but opposite of what I'm feeling inside. There was a distance between us. Distance. Just a simple world but could break you into pieces. Cold breeze from the night air blew. We don't bother the coldness, we both needed it to wash away the tension that clouded us.

" Being a Santillan was like a cursed, "

I humor. But partly, it was true. I sighed and continued.

" My cousins and I grew up according to what they want us to do, not of what we want to do. They set rules. And we should follow it. Cause if you don't, you'll be punished, "

Then our unhappy childhood days played in my mind. Napatawa nalang ako.

" We don't have freedom. But yet, we still experienced having fun and explored the outside world by sneaking late at night, "

Natawa ulit ako pero may takas na luhang kasama.

" I'm not a risked taker but w-when I met y-you, I s-suddenly want to risk e-everything just to b-be with you every m-minute, "

Tears flow like rain. Unstoppable.

" T-those days that... I spent w-with you were... the... h-happiest days of my l-life, "

Remembering our moments, our small talks and of course, our kisses. Yes. So simple yet, but for me, it was engraved in my heart.

" You know... my m-mother w-was controlling. She f-founds out about u-us and b-blackmailed me, "

And then the image of me, bending on my knees. Crying and begging. Praying for miracles. How I hate that day.

A long silence stretched.

" I h-have no c-choice at all and I don't want you to involved in my messed up life, "

And then I faced him. There's no trace of any emotions in him. Like his usual self. But the way his jaw clenched? I don't know.

" It's m-my freedom at s-sake. I'm so s-sorry... sorry. I c-choose my freedom o-over you. " I revealed. I know, sorry wasn't enough. It's long overdue but I felt relieved but the pain just overtaking. Humahagulgol na ako.

And I don't know if what was more painful, that after I told him the truth, he didn't say something. Or seeing him walking away from me as nothing happened. Now, I knew what he felt way back. God! It hurts. Big time! No right words can defined how I'm feeling. Part of me just died. Napaupo nalang ako sa panghihina.

" Santillan "

" Samantha! "

Simon and Gab called from a far. But I didn't bother to look anymore. Until they reached me and I don't hear any of their concerns because I became deaf.

The next thing I knew, I was now sitting in my bed. Simon put me in and Gab was out of sight. I can't cry anymore. Ubos na ang luha ko. At pagod narin. Concern was evident in his mysterious face. He was looking at me like I'm gonna take suicide. I know, he was itching to ask me if what happened but he better shut his mouth cause he knew I was not in the mood to talk at all. Masakit. Ikaw ang nang-iwan pero ba't ikaw mas ang nasasaktan at nagdurusa?

I just want to sleep and forgot everything. I'm tired and drained. I need to rest it off.

" I want to sleep. You can go home now Mon. " I casually said. Trying my best not to rattled my voice. He shook his head as his face was now frustrated. I don't need someone right now. I want to be alone. I want to handle it without others help. I want to overcome this pain I inflicted.