Chapter 37; Fight

My all focused when morning came was directed into school stuff. Hell week was coming and because I'm a graduating student, OJT was needed and plus the requirements. I finished half of it and I'm still working on what's left. I was also thinking kung san ako mag-oojt. And I don't want in our hotel neither in the Monteverde's. It would be biased. I know. And I'm deciding which should I apply. I will just research later.

I was listening to Chef Paulo discussing some things regarding our upcoming graduation. It was just four months from now. Hay. How time flies. I have plans already in my mind after I graduate. I take a year off to travel around. Then I'll apply abroad and live there for a moment. I still run my shops of course. Then after, I don't know. Maybe, run with the flow of what life would take me. And maybe when that time comes, I'll have a special someone in my life. Really Alexis? Daydreaming? Silly.

When dismissal came. I'm lost what I'll gonna do next. Either to roam around, stay in the lib or to go home straight. Jay wasn't around today. He was one of the people who text me yesterday. He was in Singapore. That guy! Gagala lang, kelangan pang sa ibang bansa.

I was walking through the hallway when I saw from afar Angel and Simon's brother. They see me and I was about to wave at them when they stop at their tracks. They looked confused and lonely then they turn to the other way, avoiding me. Weird. Cause Angel was so hyper every time we bump but now, I don't know. Nevermind. On my way to the parking lot when moms name appeared on my screen. I was hesitant at first cause we never talk again after what happened. Another weird again.

" Yes, ma. " I greeted as I answered her call. She's my mother after all and I love her, respected her. I was busy finding my key inside my bag. Where are you? Kinalkal ko na pero hindi ko parin mahanap. The line was silent. And it was unusual. Kinabahan agad ako bigla. Shit!

" Come home. We'll talk. "

That's what she said but it gives me a sudden fear and goosebumps all over. She was calmed but that doesn't mean that there's no danger. There's still danger when she's calm. And I poked my head cause the stupid key that I'm finding, is in just my hands. Ang tanga Alexis!

I was heading to Abuelas mansion. I was guessing what they're up to again. God! Whatever it is. Bahala na. I parked right away and get inside fastly. I was still in my uniform and I don't know if they would skin me alive for it. But I know, something happened again. It's gonna be a disaster again.

Housemaids greeted me and I just gave them a nod. They don't need to tell me where I'm going cause I know in some important talks, it always held in the library so don ang punta ko. I blew a deep breath before opening the door. The collective and intimidating of my Abuela welcomes me together with my mom. Only the two of them was here. Goodluck to me.

" What you did this time Alexis. " mom breaks in. I looked at her, confused. I have no idea what she's saying. I haven't done anything.

" Alexander came this morning. He was taking off the engagement. " she continued and what? I lost for words. Pain stabbed my heart. I knew this coming but hearing it in my face, masakit. I couldn't blame him.

" And again. What did you do this time young lady? " Abuela butt in. They were like a granade. Na isang maling sagot ko pa, sasabog na sila.

" I didn't do anything. "

" If you didn't do anything! Then why on earth would he back out from your engagement! You're disgracing our family! My God!! " she yelled at me. See? She just explodes.

" Why are you blaming me? That's his decision! Not mine. And I'm glad that the engagement is off. You don't have a hold on me anymore. And you can't force someone to stay. And please. Let me live in peace. " I said as I walk out from that library. Tears were streaming down in my cheeks. Akala ko, wala na akong iiiyak pero meron pa pala. Dapat masaya ako na umayaw siya. I'll have my freedom back. But why do I felt like I want to be cage in his life? I want to be caged by him. He backed out, means... he doesn't felt anything towards me.