Chapter 35; Deja vu

Hours had passed. Like the usual, he was busy with his laptop on the sofa while I was admiring the skyscraper from the outside. My forehead was touching the glass walls, like my life dependent on it. I looked at his direction again. Huh! That's what he gets by skipping work just to guard and locked me in his pad. How sweet!

And because it's only my phone is my company, I take a quick shot of it and decided to upload it in Instagram with a caption of; I'm stuck with this beautiful view. God! Ganito ako kabored para maisipang gumamit ng social media sa oras ng paghihinagpis. Ugh!

At dahil nangangalay na ako kakatayo, umupo ako sa sahig habang nakasandal sa isa pang glass wall. I don't know whether to feel fluttered or to feel another way. Our encounter was always a disaster. Him being the cold one and me, being a rebel. I keep bouncing at the rocks and get hurt cause I'm forcing to fight the flow of life. Instead, to just go with it, I do the opposite. I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm tired of fighting what fates doing to me. Should I already raised my white flag and accept defeat then? I let out a heavy sigh.

Maybe, I should be matured? Act of my aged? Just be sport? Ugh! Or maybe, jump from this builing? Nevermind. Or maybe, I should just face and deal with it. Anyway, I'm stuck with it so better just enjoy it though it's damn hard.

I stood up, leading to the living room. I stopped my tracks a few inches away from him. He didn't even bother to move or to just looked at me. I cleared my throat and blew a sighed.

" Alexander. " I softly called him out. It felt weird calling him Alexander when I'm used calling him Damon instead. Since nakakulong ako sa pad niya, naisip kung magpresentang magluto ng pananghalian namin.

He didn't respond but he just lazily looked at me with his bored stare. My throat went dry and the wildly beating of my heart doesn't help me at all. Nakapambahay na siya and it makes him hotter in my sight. Damn Alexis! It's not the time to praise him!

" Uhmm.  Can I r-raid your kitchen? I-I'm cooking o-our lunch. I-if it's ok--- "

" Why are you asking permission? You can freely use anything inside my pad cause you are my fiancee. You have the right. " he seriously said that made me unable to breathe properly. I h-have the right daw. Shit! I feel my faced heat up. God! It's not the time to blush Alexis! Nakakahiya. I can't make eye contact with him due to embarrassment. I just nod like an idiot and starts walking to where the kitchen is. But I stop midway, I forgot to ask him what he wants for lunch so I turned around to say something but I was stunned cause he was looking at me intently like he never left his gazed at me.

" W-what do you w-want me to cook for o-our lunch? " I asked him in a shaky voice cause my insides were shaking. It's my first time to cook for someone. And it feels weird but exciting. I know I'm good at this field but knowing that I will cook for him, it's something that I can't explain. His lips rosed up and his eyes glittered with amusement. I badly want to break my gaze with him but I was waiting for his answer. And how I wished that I didn't ask him. Sue this!

" Just cooked anything you want and as for me, can you make me a salad? I'm craving for it. "

Holy. Cow! I was lost for words after what he said. He then resumes to his work like nothing happened. Like he said nothing. Shit! Why do I feel like he's playing with me? Ugh! How will I ever forget his thing for salad! It's his damn favorite! And he wants me to make him that grassy food? He was really playing with me!

I shake my thoughts. I shouldn't be affected. I shouldn't. Breathe in Alexis. You can do this!

I start to move. I gathered all the ingredients from his fridge full of greeny thing. Ugh! I hate green! I decided to cook chicken curry and I smiled evily.