Chapter 34; Mad

I woke up with sweat all over my face and body. My breathing was rigid and I was.. Crying. Dream. That dream again. That keeps haunting me after even this years.

Oh God! Enough with the flashbacks! I can't tolerate pain and regrets right now that I'm mad at him! I already surpassed it. In a hard way. I've been through a lot. The road to where I am right now was rough and hard. But I still managed to survive. And remembering the past could only make it all nonsense!

I take a cold shower. Para mahismasan pero mas lalong dumadami ang naiisip ko. Sue this! The past triggered when I saw him last night with his ex, Nicole. When I reached my condo, I let myself cried like a kid. How hopeless of me. I've been trying hard to be tough from the moment I saw him in the dinner to the announcement of our engagement. I've been pretending those little things that remind of our past. Kinaya kung ignorahin ang lahat ng yun. Kahit parang halos pinapatay na ako sa sakit. Seeing him with his ex was another painful story to tell. I can't just mourn here all day! Being affected by what I saw last night! Huh! I don't care who'll he would date! He was rumored with different women for the past years. There's a daughter of a senator, an actress, businesswoman! Name it! He dated it all! And who knows he fucked them all! And I hate myself way back after I would know that he dated some women, I eventually just cried whole night! Oh, forget it Alexis!

I have no class today. And I was thinking that I would visit my shops today. That's right. Wala rin naman akong gagawin ngayon. I was sipping my hot chocolate and enjoying the view outside when the doorbell echoed the four corners of my condo.

I wasn't expecting a visitor today. It's not my cousins either. Nasa resort ngayon si Jana at nag-aaral si Blue sa mga oras nato. Mom? I highly doubt it. My abuela? There's a possibility. I swiftly went to the door and opened it without thinking. I froze when I knew who it is. I forgot the chances that he in the choices. He was in his suit. Standing proud like he owns the world. His stares are soothing in my bones. He lazily looked at me with no emotion at all. His hands are both in his pockets. His whole frame was covering the space of my door. Even after now, just seeing him makes me tremble. Plus the wild beating of my heart. The butterflies in my stomach. He has still the same effect on me, even after years passed by. Sobrang nagsisi man ako sa nagawa ko noon, it doesn't change the fact that I've hurt him. But as far of it all, I don't want him to know the little sacrifices that I made. I don't want him to pity me. I will bury it to my grave.

" W-what brought you here. " I cracked as I asked him. Damn Alexis! Umayos ka! His eyebrow shots up. Like I said something that amused him. His little movements are like smooth but dangerous. The way he carried himself, full of authority and power. And I feel so small whenever I'm beside him.

" Mom wants to meet you. So, I'm taking you to the house. " he hardly said as his face looks even colder. His masculinity was above all of the men that I've met. And even in his hard expressions, I still find him gentle. Every time his brooded green eyes landed on mine, I almost forget how to breathe. And what did he say? His what? His mom? Wants to meet me? Shit! Why?

" I haven't eaten breakfast yet. And I have thi--- "

" We'll eat breakfast together in the mansion. She's expecting us. " he cut me off rudely. I glared at him. For him to knew that I wasn't afraid of him anymore. But who am I kidding? My insides were still shaking because of his mere presence. And how dare he command me just like that? After what I saw them together! He has the guts to faced me like it wasn't a big deal! And by the look of him, he's not leaving my place without me. I sighed at the thought. The hell I care!

" I'm not coming with you. Tell your mom I have things to do, maybe some other time. " mataray kung sagot sa kanya. He just can't come after me whenever he likes and convenient for him. I was expecting him to chase me after I left the restaurant, but he didn't. Choosing his ex over me? Tang ina! Ang kapal! How can be act normally like he didn't do a crime? That meeting his ex was just a normal thing to do when his engaged with me? Fuck him! I deserved to be atleast respected!