Chapter 38; Years

I just got woke up when the loud ringing tone of my phone disturbed me. Another video call again.

" Hoy babae! Pang ilang pasko mo nato na di umuuwi huh? Miss kana namin! Miss kana ng Pilipinas! Umuwi kana uy! " bungad sakin ng pinsang kung ang daldal, si Jana. She looks more stunning the last time I saw her, her hair grows long that she looks like a goddess. I heard she was forced into a marriage a year ago, I don't know the whole details but it doesn't turn well but seeing her big tummy, I can tell that everything falls into their right places. Yes. The bitch is five months pregnant. While beside her is Blue, she was now a grown woman now. And I've heard na she has a boyfriend now. Four years and going strong. I just smiled at seeing them. How time really flies. I miss them so much. My family. My friends. And the polluted Philippines.

Including him? The back of my mind inserted. But I shake it off.

" We miss you cous. Any plans of coming home? " she asked sweetly. They always asked this every time we video call. Kung kelan ako uuwi. At ito ang lagi kung sinasagot.

" I'll think abou it. I'm still enjoying here so, I really can't tell cous. " I replied. Nothing to say more cause either me, I don't when I'm coming home. I still don't know. I can't decide yet.

" Seriously cous? Five years is long enough! You've finally fulfilled your dreams! Ano pa bang kulang? Sige ka! Pag siya talaga napagod kakahintay sayo... " mataray niyang lintya pero hindi ko narinig ang huling sinabi niya dahil sa hina nito. She just smirked. Blue just giggled. Okay. This is fishy. And your right. Limang taon na ako dito sa Paris. After that incident, everything was a disaster. The oldies were furiously mad at me of course but I let them understand. And after I graduated with flying colors, I flew to Paris. I want to start moving on there. Stupid right? Off all the country, sa City Of Love pa talaga gayong brokenhearted ako. But I want it their. And I'm surprised that mom and Abuela don't complain.

The first year here was like a hell. Homesick attacked me and walang gabi na hindi ako umiiyak. Dahil sa kanya at sa lahat. But I choose to be happy with my decision. Slowly accepting it. Kahit ang hirap. I followed my plans. I traveled the whole year. I went to the countries that I've dreamed of. And in my second year, I accept the offer of a famous hotel in Paris, to be one of their chefs and I can't believe that they send me a letter! It was honored! And I immediately find an apartment to stay in. But I end up living in a luxurious condo cause mom found out that I'm planning to live in an apartment. She pulled some strings so I don't have a choice but to accept it. It's her gift to me daw. And finally, I adjusted to my new environment and I'm starting to enjoy everything. And in the third year, I got promoted. I was featured in different magazines, I am excelling in my field. I become famous tho I still managed to keep my life private. I gained friends also but I build up a wall. I just don't want to be attached by someone in here. I am fine being alone. Alone but happy. Every detailed that happens to me, I always share it with my cousins. I keep them updated. And in the passing years, I can say that I'm perfectly happy and fine. The life that I wanted, freedom and all. But I don't why there is still missing.

" The oldies keep asking us when will you come home. They missed you even when they don't say it. Benedict still holds grudges on you cause you haven't attended his wedding. Hay. We badly missed you. " she emotionally said. Naiiyak narin ako. Every year when Christmas came, we always video call. And my routine when it comes is to celebrate it outside to watch the fireworks display that held every year, para salubongin ang pasko. Nakakabaliw ang lungkot pero kinakaya ko. Hindi palang talaga ako handang umuwi. Hindi ko pa kayang harapin ang lahat ng naiwan ko doon. Hindi ko kayang pulutin ang puso kung naiwan doon.

I haven't heard news about him. I also choose not to. Maybe, he was married by now with his ex and has kids already. Holy cow! Why does it hurts just thinking the possibilities?