Chapter 32; History [10]

I was still in awe that I didn't notice the presence coming me. My head tilted sideways as I received a mind-blowing slap from my beloved mother. I looked at her with disgrace. She was on her edge of anger that she looks like a witch in my eyes. The villain in each story, that's her.

" DO YOU THINK I WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING LADY??!! YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!! " she angrily yelled that echoed the mansion. I knew mom. No secrets that would slip in your knowledge. I didn't mind her. Rude? Yeah. She turned me into this. The one thing that's holding me from not leaving this house was my father and the fact that she was still my mother. And also that if I left her territory, she would make my life a living hell. I need to stay and when the right time comes, I would definitely make a way to be free. Every time she'd caught me sneaking out, she eventually slapped me without hearing my side. She thinks that she's always right. Her decision and her rules should be followed that it's killing me. She was controlling our life, my life. I'm like a bird that she's caging for years. Not wanting me to be free. I understand her and Abuela for being this so strict of us but it's too much. They're too much.

We grew up following the rules. And believe it or not, they're compiled it and becomes a book. No rooms for mistakes. And if you break the rules, you will be punished. It's either you are grounded or it could be worst. I'm sorry to tell this but I hate her and their rules. I hate being a Santillan.

I'm not afraid of her wrath. Cause it was convenient for me sometimes. So I chose to ignore her but it makes her more ballistic. Imagine, she was the one who chooses a course that I'd take it without asking what I really want. She'd hired a driver/bodyguard to keep an eye for me always. She doesn't want me to hang out just for me to enjoy my youth. She won't allow me to be friends with boys. She has a hold in my neck and in my whole life.

" DON'T TURN YOUR BACK WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU! YOU STUBBORN LADY!! " she screamed again.

" I'm tired of hearing it, MOM." I blankly said. I'm not afraid of her. But I'm afraid of what she's capable of. Cause you would obey her with your kneeling knees and crying eyes. She's ruthless. She doesn't care about my feelings if she would destroy her own flesh just for her own satisfaction.

" HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! " she winced again as she grabbed and slapped me side by side. It fucking hurts. Not physically but emotionally. Knowing that the one who raised you was the one was hurting you. Makes you suffer until you begged like a beggar.

" YOU KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T LET YOU END WITH THAT GUY, RIGHT?" she hardly said and I would guess that she's smiling evily right now. Tears began to pool in my eyes. From all the punishments that she'd done to me, I could say that I've passed it but after what she said, I can't help but feel weak and scared starts to creep in me.

I looked up to her. And I was right, she has a victory smile cause she knew that she gets my attention.

" DON'T YOU DARE MOM. " I said strongly. But she just laughed mockingly.

" TRY ME ALEXIS. TRY ME. " she said authoritively. We stared each other,

" WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!! I'M YOUR DAUGHTER FOR PETE'S SAKE!! " I shot back at her and I saw her stiff. Maybe she wasn't expecting my outburst. But it goned too soon.

" That's the point, dear. I have the right to do what I want to cause you're my daughter. "

" I loathe being a Santillan! I hate you and your fucking rules! " galit na sigaw ko sa kanya at nakatanggap ulit ako ng sampal ng pagmamahal.

" HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! You just left me with no choice dear. " she calmly said. That makes me more scared. She's dangerous when she's calm. And I hate it! No! No! No! Not, please! I have an idea of what she says next. No please! No!

" I have a proposal. " she starts as she seats like a queen with her crossed legs. Drinking wine. Looking at me like I'm a servant. I hate her!

" I'll throw you to Europe and I'll marry you to the son of Martin Sy... "

Chills run to my body. This time, I knew she would do as what she said. My knees become weak, my body was not functioning as I slowly bend and cry my heart out. I'm hopeless. Fuck this life! Fuck them!

" Or . You leave your guy and you'll get your freedom. " she said cheerfully. Like seeing me crying in pain did not affect her.

The choices were bullshit! I cried more. She's so cruel! She's so unfair! How can I choose? Damn! She will set me free. Am I hearing it right? She would give me the freedom that I want! But in return. I-I w-will.. I even can't say it without bleeding my heart. I can't. Damn! I can't let h-him go. I l-love him already. I love him! But what can I do? Naguguluhan ako. Kalayaan ko kapalit niya? Oh God! I can't choose!

I meet her gaze. I-if I have to.. S-swallowed my p-pride. Then. Be it. I bend m-my knees and I began to walk using it. I just so love him that I'm doing this. As I've reached her, our eyes met. Her face still no void of emotion. Tears began to roll in my cheeks. I bet, namamaga na ang mata ko ngayon sa kakaiyak. I vowed my head as I face the floor. I heard her gasped.

" M-ma. D-don't m-make me c-choose p-please. M-ma. N-nagmamakaawa po a-ako. M-ma. Mahal k-ko s-siya, ma. " I managed to say even though my voice was cracked and I cried hard. Gusto kung maintindihan niya na di ko kayang mamili. Umaasa ako na magbago ang isip niya. Kahit alam kung ang imposible. Sumugal ako. Sumugal ako kahit alam kung sa huli, walang magbabago. Ayokong may pagsisihan na di ko ipinaglaban ang nararamdaman ko.

It was silent for awhile. That all you could hear was my crying voice. And I forget how to breathe when she stands up. Waiting for her answer. Her answer that holds my life.

" My decision won't change. I'll give you this night to choose. " she said hardly as she walks away. And that triggers me to cry outloud. So, that's it? Does she have a heart? Why she's so hard on me? Why?

I was crying for I-don't-know-how-long. I felt paralized. I felt my world just crashed. I can't put it into words of what I'm feeling right now. Blangko ang utak ko. I just feel Nay Belen get me up and hug me. She was saying something but I can't hear any of it. She leads me to my room and lay me in my bed.

" Iwan niyo na ako Nay. Okay lang ako. " I said lifelessly. She didn't argue. But I just heard the closing of the door. I want to cry more but tears won't show up. I'm tired. And everything went black.

Sashasunake ;*