Chapter 20; Alexander Damon Monteverde

From he brought me into his world to when he hugged me, then he suddenly changed his mind to his words that made my system unstable. And now that we're having lunch in a restaurant, I'm still intimated by him but I keep it myself. One thing that I've learned, just like the weather, people changed either. Not things will stay the same as time passed by. Bad experiences or painful things happened in one's life which cause them to change, for good. It's a humans defense mechanism, they would build a wall around them to prevent themselves from getting hurt again. That's how humans life goes.

All my moves were reserved. Afraid that he will get mad again so I decide to shut my mouth dahil baka mawindang na naman ako pag bumanat siya ulit. I observed him kanina sa office and he is the type of a boss you shouldn't mess with dahil sobrang nakakatakot. A perfectionist. That there's no room for mistakes. And a terror boss. Am I judging him? No. It's just based on my observation. Oh, shoot! I have a class tomorrow! He changed his mind kanina and maybe it' hasn't changed yet?

" Required ba akong pumunta dito bukas? May pas----"

" Where are you going? " he cut me off once again. God! This man! I raised my brow. Feeling irritated. I hate when someone cut off my sentence. When I wasn't finished! I put down the utensils that I'm holding. As I look straight in his eyes.

" May pasok ako bukas Mr. Monteverde. " I said with sarcasm in my voice. And I don't know why I saw him smiled like he was amused or I am deceived by my own eyes again.

" It slipped in my mind. I'll pick you up then. " he said with a playful smile which I don't like cause he seemed planning on something.

" I have a car so don't bother. I can manage. "

" I don't take a no answer Mrs. Monteverde. " he said with finality. Edi wow! Tss.

Until we returned to office, wala akong ginawa kundi umupo. I am willing to learn step by step in this business. As I've said, I won't fight for this anymore.

" Can you tour me around? " I suddenly asked him which caused him to stop from what he is doing. With his creased forehead, I knew that he was not expecting me to say such words.

" What? " I said irritatedly.

" It's just surprising. What made you changed your mind? " he asked like he was so interested. And with that, I smiled painfully as I drown in my thoughts not minding from his intense stares from me.

" Let's just say that I'm tired of running away from where they want me to put in. Nakakapagod na. So, bahala na. " I said honestly to him. And our eyes meet but the emotion in his eyes was saying something I don't get but it fades right away. Like he was afraid that I might name it. I just shrugged it off. He cleared his throat and sit straight before he look at me again.

" I won't force you to do things that you ----"

" But you all forced me into this, remember? Just tour me around so I could go home. " I said hardly as I wear back my poker face. He sounds guilty but I won't buy it. It won't work. I stand up to show him that I was serious, I just want to see the business that his into. Tumayo narin siya as he follows me but I stop when I don't feel his presence at my back. I looked back but to my surprise, I just saw him confidently standing with his hands are both in his pockets. Tinaasan ko nga ng kilay.