Chapter 11; The Deal

On our way to abuela's mansion, I could sense that tonight's gonna be a disaster. How I know? My instinct says. We were now parking our car in abuela's garage, her house was so old fashioned but it's still beautiful. Jana doesn't like it cause she found it creepy.

" Cous, remember what Benedict said yesterday. Kay? " Jana said while smiling.

" Noted cous. " I replied showing her my thumbs up.

Binalingan ko si Blue na seryusong nakatingin sakin. I know, she's worried about me. Of what would happen later.

" Stop worrying too much Blue, I'll be okay. I am okay. " I said encouraging her.

Then sabay-sabay na kaming pumasok sa loob. Sinalubong kami ng dalawang maid, they lead us to the dining area. The atmosphere here shouts authority and intimidation, it feels like one wrong move and you'll be funished.

And there, they are talking seriously. Their attention shifted towards us, and they motioned us to sit down. The Santillan's are complete every time abuela calls for dinner. The air suddenly becomes tense, the quietness is making me uncomfortable. Lumapit muna kami kay Lola para magmano then I went to mom to kiss and great her and vice versa to my Tita's.

Why people scared of us? Simple, we have a strong aura that surrounds us. Kaya mahirap kaming i'approached, and I hate to say this but we enhanced it. As we seat, the maids quickly served the foods. At kung hindi ka sanay sa tahimik, mapapanis ang laway mo. It's in our rules, talking is not allowed during meal time. Were only allowed when it's dessert time, andI'mm glad cause I'll be able to clear my mind.

When it's all served, abuela lead the prayer. Then we start eating silently.  Kung sa ibang pagkakataon siguro to, maeenjoy ko ang mga pagkain kasi ang sasarap pero hindi ko magawa. Kung titignan sila, ang sarap ng kain nila. I just forced myself to eat kahit konti lang, Benedict is glimpsing at me several times. I know, his worried at me too. I just smiled at him.

Time flies so fast and before I could think, it's already dessert time. They served us the specialty of Lola, her Leche flan. Rare lang siya magluto nito and questions were running into my mind. But the moment Lola cleared her throat, we all know that the bomb are about to explode.

" Empire Heights and Santillan's Realm decides to unite. And it will be held tomorrow night at the Empire Hotel. And you Alexis apo, will be in charged. " she said with finality in her voice and we all know that we had nothing to do about it.

And what? I'm gonna be the one who handled it? What about my shops? Yung pag-aaral ko? Is this the end of my freedom? I thought that's all but there's more.

" Alexis apo. I want to you to focused on it. Give all your time and attention in managing the hotel. You took Hotel And Restaurant Management so better used it in our hotel. " she added.

" La. I c-can't. " I said while still shocked.

She looked at me intensely which cause me to know to feel goosebumps all over. She looks scary even though she's smiling.

" You choose apo. I'll take down you're beloved business or you accept wholeheartedly managing the hotel and you're business will be safe. So. What do you think? " she said smiling.

I frozed for a while. She's unbelievable! And. It's fucking unfair! Can they consider my decision and feelings? I looked mom to seek for her help but all she could do is shake her head and smile. And I could guess that it means that I should just agree. My eyes starts to sting as I looked away, my eyes landed to dad but as what mom did, he turned me down. I am losing hope, no one tried to help me because they're all afraid of abuela.