Chapter 14; Shit Happens

ALEXIS

D-did I heard it right? I-I'm the future what?  I'm still not in my state when we reached the stage. And there, I saw a man wearing a suit which really fits him. He's face is neutral, like it wasn't a bother to him of what the emcee just said. It happened so fast and before I could blink my eye, I was beside him. He's hands we're on my waist, pulling me closer to him. He tightened his grip and whispered something in my ears which irritates me.

" Act normal future wife. " he said coldy and authoritively.

I wasn't able to respond cause he faced the flashes of the camera. As he squeezed my waist for the second time, I fucking do as what he said. Fuck him for being so bossy! I forcedly smiled at the cameras and everyone. Kahit nalilito na ako sa mga nangyayari. Wala toh sa usapan! I haven't agreed yet to manage the hotel and now this?

I was preoccupied the next few hours and finally, as it ended, nauna na akong tumayo at umalis. I was just holding the anger and pain I'm feeling inside, I'm not in a mood to pretend nice. My demons are about to come out and I'm fucking trying my best to calm them. As long as someone doesn't step in my way, everything will be in their right places. I was walking angrily and snobs all the reporters that throwing me nasty questions. Konti nalang! Mararating ko na ang elevator! Walk faster Alexis! I'm about to press the button when someone harshly grabbed me.

" And where do you think you're going apo? " said by my abuela who's glaring at me and the way she delivered those words comes with a warning. And by her side was the man I hate to see.

" Far from all this shits La. " I said with intensity as I free myself in her grip. I don't fucking care if I'm being disrespectful to her nor I was being rude! WALA.AKONG.PAKI! All I wanna do now is to escape from all the manipulation that surrounds me. Pagod na ako!

" Don't try to make a scene Samantha! I'm warning you. " she threatened me. Huh!

" I won't La. If you just let me go. " I said blankly. But she just sweetly smiled at me. She's really creepy when smiling like that. And I have a feeling that she's planning something.

" Just go apo. But I'm afraid he wouldn't let you. " she said as she excused herself and left me dumbfounded. As I looked the man unbelievably.

" You have no right to stop me from leaving. " I said hardly as I start walking away but I felt him hugging me from the back as he snaked his hands in my waist. I froze at the moment cause I was electrified by his touched. It was unexpected! The warm of his body making my knees weaked, his breathings makes my system go wild. And fuck him for making my senses alive!

" I have all the rights to do so cause I'm your future husband. " he whispered to my ears which caused me to flinched cause I have a spot there.

" Don't make me mad. Let's go back so you could go home. " he said as he intertwined his hands on mine as we walked back to the party. And I don't know why I didn't protest. I can't even speaked! Did he just put a spell on me?

Everyone's congratulating us and all I could do is to smile fakely at them until we reached to their table were his family and cousins are there, he pulled me a chair and we're settled.

" Hija! Or should I say, future daughter-in-law? We were all surprised by the announcement! " Mr. Monteverde said happily. I'm surprised too Sir!

" I'm happy for the both of you. Welcome to the family hija. " Mrs. Monteverde said with so much emotion. They seemed so happy, but I couldn't do the same.

I just shyly smiled at them. Wala akong masabi. I can't bitch around when they're so nice! And I don't like the stares that I'm receiving especially from Gab and Simon. They're fucking smirking! Gaaaah! These jerks! May araw rin kayo sakin!