So far yet so close Chapter 8

Thanks KittyCat-Zaphmau and megadragonet for giving me
ideas for this chapter!!!!!

Inks P.O.V

It was night now and the conversation with error, the incident with UnFresh....it was to much. I had stayed up though everyone was already asleep. I just couldn't, at least, not after my nightmare. I had to protect them. I continued to lay on my side staring at the wall full of my drawing which were hidden by the shadows. Errors arm around me protectively hugging me whenever I made the slightest move. My eyes would droop once in a while to shoot open at the smallest of noises. Who knows, maybe UnFresh won't make a sound... I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them. I shouldn't be thinking about that I should probably be thinking of how I should be getting sleep....

I sighed and closed my eyes catching the sweet slumber I desperately needed. But soon I heard a the sound of shattering glass and sat up opening my eyes expecting error to get up with me but to my surprise I was in the living room on the carpeted floor. Why am I here....did I sleepwalk? I haven't slept walked in years though....

My gaze shot to the television then to the open front door. I must be sleeping that's all...nothing more.

I stood up and never let the door out of my sight. However, this was a dream after all. I began to walk to the door one foot after another feeling the carpet between my toes to soon feel my rough doorstep mat.

"Hello is someone out there?"

I listened for a response but hear nothing in return. I turned around to walk back in my house to run into the door nose-first.

"Ow!" I cupped my hands over my nose. Why do I feel pain in this dream? This is new....

I grasped the door knob giving it a good jiggle but someone or something must've locked it from the inside. But I never heard the door shut? I jumped down the steps and walked to my bedroom window looking up to see how high it was compared to how far I was from it. Why must I be so short.

I took a pebble from the ground and threw it at the window to hear a tink sound each time I found new pebble to throw. Why am I doing this? It's just a dream, it's not like Errors going to actually answ-

"Ink? What are you doing outside?"

What!!! It actually worked!!!

"What do you mean?"

Error looked at me like I've gone completely mad, " What? Is it usual for you to be wondering outside in the middle of the night throwing pebbles at our bedroom window?"

Wait.....am I even dreaming? Is that why I felt pain? I pinched my arm and winced. Oh God! I am awake!

"No I don't think that's normal....I just woke up on the floor in the living room and the front door was open but nothing was there..."

"So you decided to throw pebbles at the window?"

I fumbled a bit with my words until I finally spoke, "Well no, it's just someone locked me out of the house and I can't get back in..."

Now I felt embarrassed​ and smiled with a small rainbow blush.

"Okay I'll go downstairs to let you back in. Wait by the front door and I'll be there in just a second."

I nodded as I saw error disappear from the window and that told me to start walking back to the front door so I did. But when I looked to the right of me I saw....the same blur...

"Oh God..."

I broke into a Sprint just as the blur had begun to catch up to me and I knew I had to act fast.

"UNFRESH IS OUTSIDE!!!!!"

I yelled and jumped as high as I could watching the blur go under me and swiftly turn around faster than I thought he would. I waited to hear Error quickly rush outside but he didn't. Oh my god did he go back to sleep!

I ran back to the window grabbing a rock and threw it at the window to hear the familiar sound of shattering glass just as I was shoved a few yards forward tumbling into the grass and dirt. My wound hit the ground hard which caused me to cry in pain. I curled up into a ball on the cold soil as I hear the rythm of thumping feet walk towards me, the small echo of a foul laughter that caused me to shiver.

UnFresh spoke, "Hello Ink, miss me?"

But I didn't answer or move. Instead I laid perfectly still.

UnFresh continued to walk towards me even after I heard the pounding of the stairs in the house which was probably Error who was now fully aware of the situation.

UnFresh crouched down behind me, "Well? Are you going to answer?" One again I stayed silent.

I knew UnFresh was smiling behind me, "Can I take you with me? Answer if no, don't answer if yes."

When he said this I was unsure what to do so I spoke up, "no."

"What happens if I don't care?" After this UnFresh slipped a small knife​ from out of his sleeve. It was a pocket knife. But he lifted it and drove it hard into my left leg before I could react. It caused me to scream in utter pain. I grabbed my injured leg as tears fell from my face, I heard the front door slam.

UnFresh lowered to my head as I cradled my leg and he began to whisper, "Your mine Ink, tonight I'm not going empty handed this time."

-BOOM!! TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY!!!-