Appetite Gone Quiet Chapter 12

Ink’s P.O.V

I woke up, my eyes fluttering open as I take in reality. I sat up slowly to feel the familiar softness of the blankets below and the pillows propped up against the bedframe. This was my room but how did I get here in the first place? That was when I began to remember the events that took place and soon my dream…….or more like a memory but why did I have to remember that? I was so confused, my nightmares came true, they meant something...so why not my dreams of my memories they had to mean something to, didn’t they? I let out a loose sigh and begin to get out of bed and flung my feet over the bedside and stood up, to end up falling to the ground. Pain shot through my legs and I curled up.

Why does my legs hurt so bad?

I looked down at my legs to see them bandaged up, including my ribs. I felt stupid, UnFresh had injured my legs so I wouldn’t get away. I bit my tongue but propped myself up with my hands and sat up looking up at the bed. How am I supposed to go anywhere without legs? I begun to think long and hard. Maybe someone’s home…….

“IS ANYONE DOWN STAIRS!?”

I listened for a answer but instead heard the sound of footsteps go up the steps and start to make there way to my room. I heard my door begin to creak open and PaperJams head popped out and looked at me and tears began to fill his eyes. I stretched my arms out as PaperJam flung himself at me and hugged me.

“Your….you're f-finally awake.”

I smiled,”Yes I am Jammy…..how long was I out anyways?”

A tear fell from Jammy’s eye,”You were out for almost a day in a half.”

I was silent, a day in a half!

PaperJam looked at me with worry,”What’s wrong Daddy?”

I shook my head,”I must be a really deep sleeper that’s all.”

Jammy hugged me tighter.

“Ow PaperJam my ribs…..”

Jammy eyes went wide and he stopped hugging me,”Oh..I’m so sorry Daddy I didn’t want to hurt you.”

I smiled at Jammy,”It’s okay, you were hugging me like I was going to leave you.”

Jammy looked at me and more tears poured from his eyes,”I thought you were.”

Hearing this I hugged Jammy again and shushed him,”You know I would never leave you or Father…...where is your Father anyways?”

“He’s downstairs making dinner.”

Error making Dinner….this is not going to end well…..

I was now worried,”He’s making….dinner..”

Jammy wiped a few of his tears,”Yeah…..I think it’s a microwave dinner though.”

Oven, Microwave, even a knife! He was never a cook, and with never be one.

And sure enough I could hear Error yelling and soon the fire alarm going off. I face-palmed,” Hey PaperJam remember the wheelchair you had when you broke your leg by falling from the tree?”

PaperJam nodded looking back at the door probably worried about Error.

“Can you go get it?”

Without saying a word PaperJam got up and exited out of the room however Error began yelling again,”THE MICROWAVES ON FIRE!”

I burst out laughing, if he could he would probably burn water to.

Soon PaperJam came in the room with the wheelchair already folded out and he helped me into it. I rolled myself out of the room but Jammy walked right behind me and had to help me get down the stairs until he accidently let go of the chair and I went on a bumpy ride down the stairs holding onto the arms of the chair for life. PaperJam continually apologized and I kept forgiving him because mistakes happen. However, when I finally got to the kitchen it looked like Error was fighting the microwave hand on handle.

“Error what are you doing!?”

Error looked up from the bent and disoriented microwave…..or what was left of the microwave.

“You're awake.”

Error stood up and hugged me from the chair,”Well I tried making one of those microwave dinners and somehow…...the microwave caught on fire..”

“So you decided to beat it up?”

Error’s face went yellow,”No!....Well it was on fire and I was putting it out….”

I laughed a little,”Or were trying to put the microwave in a headlock.”

Error rubbed the back of his head,”Well I think dinners ruined anyways…..”

I smiled,”We’ll go out to eat.”

- I found time to do a Chapter 12 today instead of finish it on Monday. I didn’t want to end up disappointing you guys. Anyways, if you guys want you can comment what you would like to happen in this book or what qualities you like in a book. I might end up drawing a small comic about this book…...Might. If you guys want to you could draw the characters or events and tell me in the comments because I want to see what kind of drawings you guys can do and one of the chapters will just be some drawings of the characters that me or my friends did of these characters or events in this story. If you do draw I will put it in this book and tag you to your drawings so you guys can have full credit and not me.

Other than that I wanted to say that you guys for reading my book! And the more people read and comment the more I will write and keep you guys updated!

(Sorry there's errors...I had to copy paste this from a Google doc so it didn't copy and paste completely right...)

Comment about…..TURTLES!!!!!-