Who's Pulling The Strings? Chapter 10

Fresh’s P.O.V

I could hear UnFresh’s words repeating throughout my head and ringing through my ears, ‘Because you love PaperJam that’s why.’

How had he known? Did I somehow give it away? Well, it doesn’t matter anymore. He already knew that’s what matters.

“Aren’t you going to say anything or does a cat have your tongue?”

UnFresh interrupted my thoughts, “Well Fresh?”

A low growl came out of my throat and escaped through my teeth, “Shut Up!”

UnFresh’s sinister smile grew wider, “Or what! You’ll attack me and leave Ink for dead!?”

Ink! I forgot about him!

My attention turned to Ink who was desperately trying to crawl to the house probably to…...PaperJam….

“Well what are you going to choose Fresh?”

I looked behind my shoulder and surprised myself when I smiled, “I chose PaperJam.”

I then began to walk to Ink with the feeling of guilt. I was suppose to help him….instead I abandoned him on the ground. I kept going towards Ink feeling UnFresh’s eyes drill into my back, he was irritated and I knew it.

I scooped Ink off of the cold soil seeing how he couldn’t walk, “Ink I’m so sorry I left you bro….”

The guilt started to feel like a weight as Ink spoke, “It’s….okay...F-Fresh…”

Ink was slowly fading away from reality. He’s going to pass out from too much blood loss and it’s my fault!

I glanced at Error who hasn’t yet moved from his position. His face was crooked with rage, his hands clenched into fists waiting for the right moment to make his move. I let out a loose sigh,”Error!”

I saw as Error’s eyes moved a bit right when he opened his hand allowing his blue strings to shoot out in all directions towards the same target, UnFresh. His attempt to grab him with these blue strings failed. UnFresh was to fast, faster than Error, faster than me. UnFresh was a blur.

I was in a trance as I watched this fight back and forth. It was extremely one-sided, the victor would be UnFresh. As I kept watching I felt the weight of Ink increase and his head roll off the side of my arm. I glanced down to see Ink has passed out.

I began to eternally panic. Error looking through the backyard for any signs for UnFresh unknowing he was lurking beyond the shadows, but where?

My eyes began to wander around trying to spot out UnFresh though my top priority should be Ink. I took off to a sprint just incase UnFresh was planning to ambush me. I almost toppled over a few shrubs but quickly regained balance running up the porch steps and slamming into the door. Laying Ink on the couch I go to the bathroom snatching the first aid from the counter and pouring its contents on the tiled floor. I grab the bandages that were balancing against the cotton, and find the cream half full but was enough. Frustrated enough, I go back to Ink and apply the cream to his wounds wrapping them in the bandages. I continued this even after hearing footsteps slam down the stairs and run to the living room. And soon a familiar voice had filled the air.

“Daddy! Oh my god Daddy! Mr. Fresh is Daddy going to be okay!?”

I begun to finish bandaging up Ink, “Yeah….I believe he will. There’s no need to worry PaperJam…”

Right as I stood up I stumbled back from the force of PaperJam. He ran at me and hugged me, and started to cry in my shoulder. I didn’t know what to do. I’ve never had someone I’ve cried for but I did what I have seen Ink do to PaperJam when he cried as a child. I wrapped my arms around him and began to stroke the back of his head. I felt as my shoulder felt damp from PaperJams tears and he hugged me tighter. He looked up at me with tears streaming from his cheeks and fell on the floor or my tennis shoes. I took my thumb and swiped it across his cheek wiping some tears before they fell and kissed his forehead.

“It’s going to be okay PaperJam.”

PaperJam didn’t say anything but his tears began to slow down and that told me I was doing the right thing, that whatever I was doing was working. As I held PaperJam I could hear the frustration radiate through the walls of the house as Error yelled for UnFresh. However, you couldn’t hear anything outside…..well except Error. A few minutes later I heard Error stomping up the porch steps and slam the door shut in pure rage.

“UnFresh is gone!”

Error punch a pillow instead of the wall….thankfully. He looked at Ink who was still unconscious on the couch and sat by his feet. Error then began to cool down, trying to relax until he looked up at me holding PaperJam. His gaze then shifted to a crying PaperJam but Error didn’t care. For some reason he knew I would calm PaperJam down and…..somehow…..he trusted me….

But why?

-One chapter at a time. Chapter 11 will come out tomorrow so don’t worry. Almost 700 views! Thank you guys so much, just seeing that wants me to make more chapters! Also, nice comments, my friend read them and it seems some of you are really into the story and I am here to tell you that this is just the beginning-