Failed to Protect Chapter 14

Error’s P.O.V

When I opened the door the face I hoped to never see in my yard again was right in front of me and in my House! And UnFresh knew that I wasn’t happy. Ink and PaperJam were still  on the sidewalk coming towards the house but I was a bit ahead because I ran to the door to unlock it for them. But when I came to the door and found it already unlocked…...now I knew why. The immediate reaction I did was I flung my fist to UnFresh and to my surprise it actually met his bottom jaw.

What are you doing in my house!”

I watched as UnFresh stumbled backwards and wiped his chin, “I came to visit but when I saw the house empty I just invited myself in.”

Walking towards him in the hallway I balled up my fists, “We don’t want a dirty glitch like you in this house so get out!

UnFresh shrugged, “Fine I’ll get out…”

Unfresh stood up and began to walk to the door but instead of walking out I knew what his plan was. Ink was still outside and he was not going to get near him. My blue strings shot out towards UnFresh’s soul, but UnFresh was still fast and knew that I was going to do that. How was I supposed to defeat him? I began to think until I felt a low blow to my ribs that made me fly through the drywall and into the livingroom. I’d have to fix it later or Ink would be on my case about it all night and the rest of my life. I silently cursed at myself as I stood up and brushed the dust from my jacket. I ran through the new hole in the wall but once I looked at the front door I saw UnFresh bolt towards Ink and PaperJam. I took off in a sprint, my strings flew everywhere and shot out like daggers at UnFresh. But each time I striked UnFresh was already gone.

How is he dodging so quickly?

I began to become frustrated and I felt the rage fill every part of my face. He was to quick and I can only watch. My attacks are useless against him....but I had to try for Inky.

"PaperJam, get Ink far away as possible! UnFresh is coming!"

I instantly saw PaperJam react and take the handles of Inks wheelchair and start to Sprint the opposite direction. UnFresh though, was going to be on them in a few seconds. I had to think of something by what? I shot my strings around PaperJam and Ink, trying to run at there pace in order to use the strings as a barrier and something to slow UnFresh down. I was slowly catching up but I begun to hear immediate strings snapping.

No! Is he cutting my strings!?

Before I could see where the strings were snapping I heard PaperJam scream as he was shoved to the ground and soon after was followed by the yelling of Ink. UnFresh had Ink, UnFresh was using the wheelchair to his advantage......of course! That's why he injured both of Inks legs. To rendure himself helpless without being able to run away or really fight back.

"Ink! UnFresh let Ink go!"

I saw as UnFresh started to turn into a blur with Ink now in his arms and the wheelchair folded and hunched up over his back. Before he disappeared a slight smile was visible on his face that caused me to punch the nearest tree hard.

UnFresh was gone

Ink was gone

I had failed to keep my Inky safe and I must get Ink back but how!? I felt as the tears begun to flood but then I felt an hand on my shoulder. It was PaperJam.

"Father, what's going to happen to daddy?"

I looked at PaperJam to see his eyes close to crying.

"Nothing's going to happen PaperJam, we'll get Ink back. I just have to make a few calls first."

PaperJam nodded as we walked to and inside of the house where PaperJam went to his room and I picked up the phone looking at the phone numbers. I looked down the list until I came across a few names, Blue and Dream.

Maybe they'll help. They've know each other ever since they were small and were best friends...... ever since Ink and UnFresh was friends. I sighed and picked up the phone and begin dialling.

-Sorry this took a bit but even I read stories from Wattpad. I'm going to try to fit in a second chapter but once again no promises. But hey, I was thinking about this book so much at Hobbie Lobby I ran right into the widow....hehe whoops. But hey, it was a time I'll never forget. See yah guys later 😉-