The Escape Chapter 26

-First, sorry this chapter took so long. Second, I've been busy with school work. Third, I am human. Hope you enjoy-

Errors P.O.V

It was almost time to do the trade. PaperJam and Fresh sat in the living room chatting while I discussed the plans over with Dream and Blue.

"You two are going to hide behind the tree lines. Make sure you aren't seen but be sure you can hear. If I say "Alley" then that is your cues to become involved, other than that don't be seen. So Blue did you get that?"

I looked towards Blue to see him in the cabinets shoving donuts in his mouth, "What?"

I face-palmed and went over everything with him again, knowing Dream was listening intently. Once finished and both skeletons nodded I went off into the living room sitting down on the couch beside PaperJam.

"Are we giving UnFresh Mr. Fresh?"

I looked down at PaperJam and sighed, "No, we're going to fool UnFresh into giving us back Ink. Once we get Ink back then UnFresh will become history to this family."

PaperJam nodded as I turned to Fresh, "We have to go to Outertale now. This is the only chance we have and if we miss it who knows what UnFresh will do to Ink."

Fresh sighed and rubbed his eyes with his palms, "Alrighty bro, lets do this."

Inks P.O.V

I felt as if I was drowning in the darkness. Flowing but I began to become farther and farther from the grip of reality. It didn't feel right but somehow it felt better than facing UnFresh. 

I let myself drift in the dark of the void while my calming breaths held some comfort. I stayed like this until I felt an icy grip thrash me and pull me back into the light to where I woke up drenched in cold water.

"Your finally awake."

I blinked a few times to relieve myself of my blurred vision as everything began to sharpen and focus. I first found UnFresh's face inches from mine, glaring at me as if he were the one in charge and at this point he was. 

I tried to move my arms to only find them fastened to the arms of the wheelchair as well as my legs. My legs were almost all the way healed but from the lack of food and water I had no energy to support myself.

"W-where am I?"

UnFresh chuckled, "Why, were in OuterTale of course. Don't you remember the stars? The woods? The memories?"

I shook my head, "Why are we in OuterTale?"

I saw UnFresh's eyes glisten with excitement, "There was a deal made to exchange you for Fresh." I saw a knife shimmer in the moonlight of his sleeve, "And I'm a tough gambler and I try to take my fair share but sometimes you got to play dirty in order to get what you want."

His smile took a turn for the worst as he turned and began to walk a few steps away, " I expect you to behave yourself or...well...lets not get there yet. Not yet."

I let out a breath as I fiddled with the tape that held me to the hellish chair. UnFresh began to slowly walk away as I picked at the tape little by little, slowly breaking it. A few times when UnFresh turned around to look at me I had to cover the tape with my hand. Once UnFresh finally walked away, his focus on something else, I started to claw at the tape.

After a good 10 minutes  I stopped clawing and pulled and to my surprise the tape around my right arm snapped, freeing my arm from the tapes grasp. I stared a little at the broken tape in utter disbelief that I might have a chance. A chance to escape.

A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as I used my free hand and began to rip away tape from my other captive arm and legs. After another 10 minutes I was free. UnFresh was no where to be seen.

I took this opportunity and stood up from the chair, but from the lack of strength my legs almost gave out. Wincing a little I took a look at my injuries on my legs to find that they were almost healed, but not quite all the way.

I slowly began to creep away. My steps felt timed and one wrong move would end up being my last. I kept a accurate pace to be sure I wasn't loud if I accidently stepped on something like a twig. Up ahead I took in the sight of the woods and made my way towards the tree line. I stopped for a heart beat to look around making sure nobody was watching me, satisfied, I made my way in to the refuge of the tree's and overgrown plants.

I was threading my way through the forest and heard a shout in the distance that rippled uncomfortably through me. 

I ran.

I didn't care when I felt the branches reach out and batter my face, the thorns tear at me and left my left arm bleeding....but somehow this felt so familiar.

My breaths turned to gasps as I tried to gulp down the air I needed to run. I was lost in my mind thinking that I failed to notice a thick weed that stuck up from the ground, I tripped. I held my arms out ready to feel the ground hit me but...it never came. Someone caught me from behind, there grip tight around my waist and I went to hit whoever held me.

"Shhhh, it's alright."

I froze, feeling tears swell up in my eyes. It can't be...

- Hoi, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. And I'll see you guys in the next Chapter. Byeeeeeee-