I'm sorry my friend Chapter 37

Inks P.O.V

Before I even realized where UnFresh was I felt a hand grab my shoulder roughly. I let out a shout of distress as I curved my fist to whoever had put their hands on me. My fist was soon cushioned by another's hand. I tried to move away but the grip of both my shoulder and fist kept me glued. I began freaking out.

"What's wrong? Can't you fight back?" UnFresh asked in a knowing look.

I couldn't speak. I didn't want to speak. I wanted to be with my family and throw the whole UnFresh deal behind me. But I had to do something if I wanted to make sure everyone is safe.

I felt UnFreshs eyes throw small daggers at me. His gaze was like acid.

"UnFresh..." I spoke hesitantly, "Let's make a deal."

UnFresh paused for a moment before speaking up, "And what do YOU have to offer?"

"Inky! Don't make any deal with him!" Error suddenly shouted.

I looked to Error to see him struggling to stand with his right arm cradling his ribs. He was hunched and his breathing was heavy in pants.

"Error I'm so-"

I was cut off by Error's voice, "Don't tell me sorry either. If you do what I say then there will be nothing to be sorry about."

He was right after all. But I knew what I was going to do. What I have to do. My eyes went back to UnFresh is regret as I let out a small sigh of uncertainty, "I need my hand you're holding if you want to hear what I have to say."

UnFresh let go of my fist as he waited. I bit my tongue in thought before I began to talk, "So you see that tree over there?" I pointed to some random tree. The first one I saw as UnFresh looked to where I was pointing. I took this small chance to quickly reach into one of UnFresh's pocket and find the cold knife. My fingers wrapped around the hilt as I drew the knife from his pocket and into one of mine.

"Yes I see the tree Ink." UnFresh told me in confusion and wanting to get straight to the point.

"Okay." I said with some humor.

UnFresh glared at me, "Dammit Ink!" He spat losing all his patience he once had, "Stop playing games with me!"

His grip squeezed my shoulder harder until I felt the small pricks of pain. I winced and tried to shake his hand off of me but he didn't budge.

"What is the fucking deal!" UnFresh spoke in rage.

I quickly thought over my options and being honest I didn't like any. So, without having a straight forward plan I kept silent. UnFresh let my shoulder go and gave me a psychotic smile, "Well, if you don't have an offer then I might as well give you one of my offers." He spat again.

He turned himself towards Error while talking, "If you don't come with me then I'll kill Error. Personally, I've always disliked - no - HATED him. But you can save him right now if you agree with me."

I stared at him in horror. Wait! His back was turned! This could be my only opportunity! My hand tightened around the knife as I slowly took a step towards UnFresh's exposed back. I took the knife from my pocket and rose it in the air, but my hand shook. The thought of killing caused tears to prick at the corners of my eyes. I knew killing was wrong but it was either Error or UnFresh and I already knew the answer. UnFresh was going to die.

The knife was raised higher in the air until I swung it down towards UnFresh's neck. My eyes closed so I wouldnt see my horrendous act. I felt the knife slice through and UnFresh shout of shock and absolute fear.

Tears slid down my face as his body stilled and soon fell in a crumbled heap on the ground. I mouthed two words to my dear friend, I'm sorry.

Slowly I opened my eyes to see the knife gleaming red and UnFresh in a pool of his own blood. My hand went over my mouth as I fought nausea and my chocking sobs. If I was a highschooler now I would've never thought anything would end like this....

Tears fell from my chin as I dropped the knife out of my shaky hand. My cries escaped my mouth as I struggled to breath. I held UnFresh's hand who had once been a friend. Once felt like a brother - true family. UnFresh's blank eyes showed no emotion as it stared straight at me.

I'm sorry....
***************************************************************

"Who are you?" I spoke as I saw a highschooler boy around my age sitting in the janitors closet with tears streaming from his face.

He hesitated before answering, "Why do you care?" He spoke coldly.

"Because I consider you a friend." I responded with honesty.

He stared up at me before he finally spoke again, "You consider me...a friend?" He said in disbelief.

I nodded with a smile, "Of course I do silly."

He let out a small laugh, "I've never had a friend before or even thought of you as a friend before..."

I sat down besides him, "Well now you do!" I told him in reassurance.

"I've actually seen you a few times when we were in elementary." He told me.

"Oh!" I figured it out, "You must have been the kids giving me those Valentine cards!"

He nodded, "Yeah, we also had Art together."

"Well then we were friends already and you never even knew."

I heard him mumble something and I tilted my head in cuiousity, "What'd you say?"

"Nothing." He said calmly, "Let's just get to class."

***************************************************************

I remember his caring, kind heart before it was tainted in black. The boy who was crying because he couldn't help a cat that was dying on the side of the road. I thought of him as a sweet and loving character. But little did I know was that the words he mumbled was...

I love you

-Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I loved writing them all for you! You all were so supportive and helped me with this book whether you knew it or not. This book isn't just mine, it's yours too because without you I couldn't have gotten this far. I love you all! ❤ Byeeeee -