Holding For Hope Chapter 21

Inks P.O.V

I saw the leaves sway at the pace of the soft breeze. The trees scattered in all direction. I didn't know where to turn so I guessed my way passing the bushes and plants. I had to hurry, I don't know why but I didn't feel safe here. Each stepped I took made me more alert but of what? no matter the lack of knowledge I had I stuck to my gut feeling and kept moving forward. It was night but only spots where the tree's haven't reached provided only little moonlight. I heard the sound of breaking sticks then a loud screech. Startled, I began to pick up my walk to a run feeling the branches reach out and scrap my face, thorns tear at my clothes. It happened so sudden, my alertness to a horrible fear.

I continued to run ignoring the thorn that teared in my arm and left it bleeding. All I could think of was getting away, getting away from whatever I was afraid from. My long breaths soon turned to gasps as I felt the burning air fill my mouth trying to keep running. I was running to hard but I didn't care. Beads of sweat ran down my face and my legs shook but that didn't stop me. 

My eyes widen as I tripped over a thick weed and began to fall. I held out my arms but I never felt the ground, only a tight grip around my waist. I went to pull away until I heard a familiar voice, "Shhh, it's alright."

I felt my tears swell up and turned around, the arms still around my waist. When I looked I could see Error looking down at me. I let out a small laugh of relief and hugged him tight. I was so happy to see him, so happy to feel his embrace around me, feel his safety. I began to cry hard of joy while his forehead rested on mine.

He smiled and his arms tightened around me, "Your safe now, I'll never let anything happen to you again.

I could only nod because when I tried to open my mouth I never could get the right words to come out. I missed him so much. He kissed my forehead then my cheek and chin. When he lifted my chin with his hand he kissed me deep and lovingly and I kissed back with a more longing love.

Then questions began to form in my mind: how had he found me? Where did UnFresh go? Is Jammy safe? How had I escaped? How did my legs heal so quickly?

The questions kept coming but I kept my mouth shut. I wanted to enjoy this moment as long as it lasted. Error rocked me soothingly and kissed my forehead again. I had been afraid but now I felt home. I smiled and buried my face in Error's shirt. I heard a small voice speak up in the back of my mind, "Everything that good comes to an end."

I was confused, had I imagined those words? I guess it didn't matter because I had Error and would soon see my son Jammy. I placed a hand on the front of Error's shirt feeling something damp. Errors arms had me in a tight hold and it began hard to breath. When I lifted my hand and looked down I saw the dark color of red cover my palm and fingers. I let out a horrified gasp as blue strings surrounded us as a hand grabbed my arm and yanked me from Error. 

We reached for each other but grabbed nothing but air. I tried to speak but was unable to say a thing. Once Error opened his mouth I saw a knife stab him from behind, unfamiliar black goo cover the ground and the individual that had the knife. I watched as Errors knees hit the ground and all I could do was let out a horrified scream.

My eyes swung open as I gasped for air. I sat up feeling myself drenched in sweat trying to process everything. I must've been asleep....it was all just a horrible Nightmare...But it felt so real I swear I could feel the damp blood that covered my hand, Errors blood.

Who was that figure behind him? It sure wasn't UnFresh. But the figure seemed so familiar like I seem it before. My head was pounding in my skull and I felt my legs. They were healing, maybe I could try to stand.

I put my hand on the wall as I tried to slide myself upwards. I used my aching legs to heave myself upwards but leaned against the wall for support. However, as soon as I was up I fell back down on my bottom and winced. At least I can stand but I can't see a thing, it was pitch black, I could barley see my hands in front of me. I knew somewhere deep inside me that Error won't be able to find me unless I'm able to give him clues, but how?

I covered my face in my hands in frustration.

Wait!

If I somehow get out of this room and out of the basement then I could possibly find my Paintbrush and make my escape through a portal to my Universe! I smiled at my idea. It was much better than escaping through the front door again and going through the woods blindly. I finally felt something I thought I wouldn't feel for a long time.

I finally had hope.

- Sorry didn't have much ideas for this chapter. Please give me idea's for the next chapter if you can. But Anyways, thank you guys and see you later meh peoples. Byeee -