Lost In My Head Chapter 11

Ink’s P.O.V

-flashback-

I was laying against a tree, long grass sprawled out in all directions. A light breeze was soft and gentle making the leaves lightly sway. My sketchbook sat against my two legs as I drew the out-stretched scenery. I kept drawing until a stray apple fell and bounced off of my sketchbook paper and rolled off making me draw a straight line through the clouds. Above I could hear the faint sound of laughter. Abit annoyed I silently grabbed my paintbrush that laid on the ground beside me and was in a crouch. I begun to here some of the leaves rustling and so I stood up quickly and flug a stream of colors in the tree from the bristles of my brush. Soon a tall figure fell out of the tree and into the tall grass in a struggle with the paints. When it stood up I couldn’t hold in my laughter and laughed in a laughing fit as UnFresh stood up in a mass of color.

My hand went over my mouth trying to silence my laughing, “You look like someone threw up a rainbow.”

My muffled laughter was soon drowned out as UnFresh spoke, “You did this to me…….”

I watched as he thought for a long moment then smiled, “ So...why don’t you give me a hug.”

I uncovered my mouth, “And why would I do that? I know we’re friends but I didn’t know you wanted to hug me so bad….” I gave off a little smirk as I saw him turn a bit red and I knew it wasn’t the paints.

He was embarrassed, “ That’s not at all what I was trying to say and you know that!”

His face grew even more red but that didn’t stop him from running at me with his arms out stretched. A wide smile plastered on his face that stretched to both of his temples. It was quite creepy but I still ran behind the tree, I didn’t want paint to smear on me. I heard UnFresh slowly begin to stalk the tree like a predator and I was the prey. I began to heave myself up on the branches and climb quickly to the top knowing I would be soon out of his reach. I smiled to myself and looked up in pure shock as I saw UnFresh already sitting on one of the branches munching on an apple.

I stuttered a bit as I spoke,” H-how did you get up there s-so fast!?”

UnFresh looked at me, “Because I climbed.”

Now my face was heating up in embarrassment,”That's not what I meant!”

UnFresh chuckled,”Because I was fast and you were slow.”

I began to argue,”I was not slow! I started to climb before you! You weren’t even that close to the tree to even grab a branch!”

UnFresh gave me an evil smile before he stopped eating the apple and tossed it behind him and ended up hear the small ‘thump’ as it hit the ground below,”Maybe it’s because you’re small and I’m tall.”

My face became darker in colors,”I am not short! I’m average size!”

UnFresh returned the smirk I gave him earlier,” Is that why I always see the top of your head when you stand in front of me? Or that I could use you as an armrest when I’m standing up?”

I started to climb down the tree, one foot after the other mumbling to myself.

“Hey! Where are you going!”

I shouted back at him as my feet finally touched the grass,”Away!”

UnFresh jumped down the tree and faced me,”Why are you leaving?”

“Because you’re being a jerk.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

UnFresh rolled his eyes,”Isn’t that what friends do?”

I crossed my arms and turned away from him,”Isn’t being nice what friends do?”

“Like when you threw paint on me?”

Oops….

I bit my tongue,”Well no….”

“Fine you want me to be nice? Don’t you hate it when you’re known for being short?”

I looked over my shoulder and nodded my head like a four year old, well we were only in high school so what’s there to lose anyways….

But soon I felt hands on my waist and heaving me up until I was on UnFresh’s shoulders.

“Look, now you’re taller than me.”

I smiled a bit and UnFresh seemed to notice as he began to walk away from the tree and probably to the trails in the nearby woods.

“Were always going to be friends Ink.”

- Sorry I didn’t update the chapter yesterday but I was busy. I’m going to try to get Chapter 12 done tomorrow if not then it might be Monday.  However, I’m starting to make a new book but it’s not published yet but it will be soon and I’m hoping it’ll get around!-