❝ Through The Waves ❞

Pairing: Cole Sprouse x Reader
Word Count: 1786
Warnings: Contains faulty habits

Description: Two teenagers living in the same habitat but in different worlds. Y/N is an expelled student with divorced parents. Cole is a son of a sailor and usually helps his Father.

■ ■ ■ ■ 

"Y/N, can you get me another box?"

Y/N's Mother sneers, finishing her last stick. Sure she heard it, that's why she's running up the stairs to their old town house's roofs.

There, she saw the Mother of her life, stood moderately at the edge. Although her Mom looked homeless, with messy hair and wearing cheap clothes, Y/N still thinks she's beautiful. From her Mother's pale and dark shaded lips, the picture of her habitual smoking and to the bags of her eyes. Y/N saw sorrow and humiliation.

"Another box? But isn't that the third one this week?" Y/N questioned. The concerned girl stared at her wasted Mother who just huffed at the moment.

"Just do it, baby." Her Mother commanded. A sigh escaping from Y/N's mouth as she nodded in full obedience.

"Alright, Mother."

She walked down the steps again, reaching out for money from her own wallet as she headed out.

The wind is pretty frisky this day. The cold air fogging up the populated skies as its getting darker in the entry of the night. The breezy air is tugging at Y/N's skin, hugging her petite body. She doesn't have any thick clothing or a layer, nor a jacket to support her now shivering body.

She went to quickened her walking, knowing that her Mother won't be staying up the roofs sooner and the cold air is truly bothering her.

Finally arriving at her station, she entered the shop and she went straight to the counter.

"A box of Marlboro reds, please." Y/N half smiled, waiting for the counter guy to get one. Once handed, she waited for her change as a boy around her age went beside her.

"A pack of Camel light, please." The boy with raven locks said.

"One-second sir."

Y/N stays patient. She went to look at the boy beside her again, only seeing him looking at her box then up to her face. Y/N decided to brush it off as her change is handed to her. Y/N exited the shop to only find that the skies had turned darker.

Y/N turned her heels to the same path to their home as she went straight back to the house.

▪️▪️▪️

"Don't tell him a single detail about me." Y/N's Mother said sternly.

"I'll see you soon, Mother." Y/N replied. As soon as she has the chance to leave, she quickly did.

Walking out the door, she pulls a cigarette out from a pack that she got from her Mother's. She calmly lights it up, though she makes sure that she's going to the right path to the Boat Station.