❝He❞

Pairing: Cole Sprouse x Reader
Word Count: 1154
Warnings: A few swearing counts

Description: — Just a short emotional sentencing to all of you—as the writer, this got me really happy. Hope you enjoy, "He." 💛

▪️▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️▪️

What a plot twist you were.

We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange. As often as not, we are homesick most for the places we have never known. — unknown.

Who is he?

For almost a decade, you have him as your partner, your best friend, your soulmate or even a rock to lean on. But behind those characters and an original complexion of his own, there are words to fulminate, tiny details to describe, and a story to tell.

• He is your map—through your suckling wanders, he became your guide and your personal bronze compass. He escorted you the fawn directions when you're lost, when you're confused, and when you're feeling helpless. You do not wish for someone to do such things but somehow, his spellbind worked on you, letting him enter in different secret doors in your life.

• He's your empirical human diary. Believe it or not, you've told him hundreds of your secrets, open thoughts, irking opinions, problems, if not, joy, and many more. It's countless and you really appreciate him being such a great listener, it's like he's this tall, 1776 foot draft-book where you can store and keep your deepest arcane. Of course, he understood and he'll never get tired of understanding.

• He's your own kind of jester and your own version of the song "Happy" by Pharell Williams. The beaming extract that flows through your veins when a joyful tune comes playing in and you tap your shoes to every beat, that's when you know you're in a gleeful mess. With gazillion smiles and cackles that you are able to give, he's the only button that can trigger your cornered happiness and he is the one and only that can make you laugh like a frenzied or a bewitched creature. With a unique, sense of humor like he has, you know that he's your happy pill. And if he's an actual capsule of jolly-burst, you'd prefer to get overdose than follow your daily stamps.

• He's your abstracted antidote. Ever heard of "Agape Love"? It's greek and definitely hyperbolized but it's true. When trouble seeks, sadness sneaks, exasperation peeks, discombobulate, hate, hopeless, and literally whatsoever reaches—he's the exact remedy you needed. The comfort he gives is unending, the way his soft-spoken assurances is heart-melting, and everything about him seems perfect.

But not everything is perfect.

You learned to have doubts, you learned how to choose pain over consolation, you learned to jump through lies—it doesn't matter if they're white lies, what's important is you tried to avoid the turmoil—you learned to fill yourself up with anger, you learned to pick up bad choices, you learned to be intense and aggressive to your own ethics, you learned to please people, you learned to cry for help when there is actually someone lending a hand for you, and you almost learned how to give up. And you almost did.

You see, these awful barriers and gushing waves of darkness can kill a person. Blending your quieted spirit upon the toxicity of the world is not a great mix and it will never be. It almost destroyed you and some good amount of wonderful things, people, and opportunities sharply—closely slipped from your tightened, rounded grip.

But he didn't turn his back on you, he didn't give up, those familiar calloused hands that you always knew held your numb cheeks then he whispered, "I'm here, you'll be okay". His touch burned you like a wildfire, his terms carried you away like a floating angel from above, and the presence of him reminded you of how you once felt safe and sound inside his arms and now you are, again, and that feeling never changed.

Through the running years, you had shared tears, merriment, fights, giggles, exhaustion & frustration, twinkles of glimpses, through idyll, and chaos. And you were lucky enough to survive bullshit together, hand in hand, no separations.

You feel like a young girl dressed in a tutu dress that's matched with a pair of T-Bar ballet—with a false tiara placed on your head, you danced through your dreamy atmosphere, your type of fantasy sulking away the negativities and it simply makes you incredibly joyous.

Except, you're not a little girl anymore and this is not a foolish fantasy. The day collided in and one, special event summons every memory you had with him—that golden moment when you had one of your dates up on the rooftops of his flat where he prepared a small, casual dinner with hella expensive roses placed in a clear vase, he thought it was pretty unique. Or that time when you had a quick shot of dubiety at an extreme mountain climb day-out you had experienced with him because, heck, you slipped and almost fell and all he did was to laugh at your stupid frame. You loved the random travels with him, you loved his plans and his thoughts, you loved his silly gestures, you loved his smile, his love for you, you loved every bit of him, you adored his whole being and no one will stop you from continuing that kind of routine.

The truth is, he accepted you just the way you are and you accepted him from what he is. To this day, you will obtain each other to a different level, to a different sight of how you see your surroundings, and to a new chapter of your lives.

There you walk in your long, Marilyn wedding dress with a gorgeous one-tier veil attached to your wonderfully groomed hair. The light, chunky sounds of your wedding heels ticked in a melodic way as your newfangled figure in chiffon pearls hues is waiting to be declared as a wife, his wife. Your eyes will meet your lover's beautiful ones, vows will be exchanged delicately, the people around you shall not express themselves as a comparison to the ranking of both of your happiness as your fiance will speak up and say, "I do", after you.

You would shed skins to more adventures for the two of you, you are indeed looking forward to what the tough crust of your profound journeys will behold you with and you're also getting yourself formulated to whatever obstacle ahead of you. The sublime marriage only symbolizes a better future you can have with him and to more years to be followed, cheers to that.

Who is he? He is Cole Mitchell Sprouse, the love of your life in bright, shining armor.

What a plot twist you were. And probably the best, remarkable plot twist that's ever happened to your amazing existence.

▪️▪️▪️▪️