2| Just Surviving

Chapter 2: Just surviving

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M E R C Y

I WOKE UP in a scruffy state. My whole body was throbbing. My hair was a mess. Mornings are terrible. Especially once you've been beaten badly. Sometimes..I ended up going to hospital, Savannah saying that I fell down the stairs or something like that.

Stupid excuses I know.

And everyone still believes them.

I apply some foundation and whatever to hide whatever I truly am. Oh well. This is life.

Pulling on a hoodie and jeans, I hear a shout from downstairs. " Hurry up bitch!"
Jesus, she's so blunt.

As I stumbled down the stairs, Savannah gave me a death stare. That probably meant I should start walking to school. It was kind of a miracle how I'm even alive. Like she refuses to give me food. Who does that? I sneak food every now and then but usually I just don't eat.

Nervously walking through the school gate, the last people I wanted to see turned up. To be fair I don't want to see anyone, but these three are the worst.

Like in every single school, Tessa, Pheobe and Lisa are those kind of girls. The ones who act all nice but are actually bitches. The ones who are way too rich for their own good.

Tessa's the main one anyway, she's blonde and follows every stereotype on blondes. She can manipulate like anything and she's just...annoying.

Pheobe's usually just there to back up Tessa. She gets all the gossip for Tessa and in return gets popularity. Good for her. Lisa's just there. The only thing that makes her popular is that she's the captain of the cheer team. She's really stupid and everyone knows it, but she's pretty and in our school, no one cares about who you are.

I quickly turn away and head the long way to my locker. I used to think Mercy was unique and different, and made me stand out from the rest of the crowd. But now I look back and realise all it did was make me a target. And I hate myself. I hate my name. I hate everything about me. And it's because Savannah made me like this and I can't live like this now.

Once I do reach my locker, I get some looks from people. They're all the same. Disgust. Some people know my story, some don't. But no one will talk to me. There's no 'bad boy' in our school. There's no Prince Charming. They're all devils waiting to catch you out. The gossip that goes on in my school is so over the top, that I don't know how everyone doesn't have trust issues.

The only thing I've ever really learnt at this school is that you can't trust anyone but yourself. No one's your friend, just your listener. And once they take that information from you, boom. Everyone knows it. There was one rumour last year that I was in a gang and had tattoos all over my body and that's why I always wear hoodies.

Do I look or seem like the kind of person who would get a tattoo, let alone 50? I don't think so.

My first lesson is English. Great. And I'm actually not being sarcastic. I'm decent at it. It's the only hope I have of getting me out of here.

•••

Lessons went by slowly. Really slowly. And once it was time to go home I was so mentally and physically tired. The bruises Savannah had given me were aching and I could barely walk. I practically staggered all the way home. Forget that, I meant my prison. Home is where you're happy, and people should remember that.

Sometimes it takes the worst of times to show people what life really is. It isn't like Disney as much as I really wish it was. I can't just sing a song and everything will be good. My singing is horrible and I'm no good at song lyrics so it wouldn't work either way.

As soon as I get home I see bottles drawn all over the floor, and empty packets of god knows what. I'm surprised our neighbours haven't called the authorities yet.

Savannah stumbles forward. " Ah you're finally home," She nods. " You shouldn't have come, and besides, now you've given me some fun,"

She comes forwards and starts repeatedly punching me in the ribs. " Savannah stop!" I scream, the pain getting too intense.

She must be really mad because she's punching me like rapid gunfire. I try to block some, but I don't know how to fight, and she punches me right in the face and I can feel the world fading around me, my vision slowly slipping out of my control, and then I become numb and the world turns black.

A/N this is a copyrighted story!! What will happen to Mercy next?Is she okay?Keep reading to find out!!

What will happen to Mercy next?
Is she okay?
Keep reading to find out!!