12| Marriage

Chapter 12: Marriage

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M E R C Y

Lucy gives me an assuring look before heading off in one direction. Blake leads me behind some large crates, lifting his finger to his mouth to tell me to be quiet.

I hear some gunshots in the distance . I guess they did predict correctly. Some gangs here to take their stuff. I take the gun out of the pocket and fiddle around with it before I hear footsteps.

Breathe.

Suddenly I lift my gun and turn around, but the man lunges at me and starts punching me.

What?

I keep seeing flashes of Savannah punching me and my body starts shaking, slowly withering away. "Savannah stop-," I mutter while trying to grab my gun from the floor, but miserably failing.

" Blake!" I shout with whatever is left in me. I couldn't fight back. Blonde hair and blue eyes flash before me, slowly being replaced by a black haired man, and then back to Savannah.

Soon everything fades away, and all I can see is Savannah's face.

•••

I hear muffled voices and mumbles before finally managing to open my eyes, silhouettes coming into view.

" Why hello pretty lady," One of them sneers.

Are these people rapists or something what the actual?

" Uh hi?" I murmur back, looking down at the floor.
" C'mon we need to take you somewhere," Another smirks.

I raise my hands to get up, except my hands never raise. They must have drugged me with something previously for still they are all blurred images and I can't feel anything physically.

The men all start laughing at once at my weak attempt to get up. " Now just in case pretty girl," The first man says, before lifting a cloth to my mouth, forcing me to sleep.

B L A K E

I shoot the last man here and watch him fall to the ground helplessly. " Have fun," I shout at him before running off.

" We already have what we want," He groans once I start running.
" What's that supposed to mean?" I mutter, but he doesn't answer.

I sprint back to the others, who all like in a state of distress. " Are you all...okay?" I ask, as their faces turn to me.
" Blake where's Mercy?!" Lucy asks, looking all around her.

" I left her behind the crates, why?" I reply quickly, waiting for the words to leave Lucy's mouth.
" She's not come back! And you, you are such an idiot!" She screams, slapping me across the face. " You leave a girl like her alone, she's only been here for a week, and she's been hurt for more than 2 years, and her fighting people is not going to help her! What were you thinking?"

I remain in silence. I overestimated her. We're all human, we don't like others thinking we're weak, and everyone else looks at you as if you're the bravest person in the world. The sad truth is that you're not. All you need is a smile and the world won't care.

" Does that mean?.." Another girl named Hailey whispers from the shadows.
" She's gone," Lucy nods in confirmation.
" But it also means war," I smirk back, trying not to let the rest of them see how stressed I really am.

M E R C Y

This time, I wake up in a bedroom. This time, I don't feel drugged. This time, I'm not shackled to the wall. And this time, there's no scary men.

I glance around while stretching my arms, only to see the cuts and marks on my wrists from the previous chains.

" You're awake," I suddenly hear from a blonde haired boy from behind the door.

Cautiously, he opens it, watching my every move, almost with...hunger. " What am I doing here?" I say, looking him straight in the eyes.

His eyes were certainly a lighter blue than Blake's ever were. So light, they practically looked white, gleaming with whatever hunger he hid inside.

" You, are here for a...a special purpose," He says, a smile tugging at his lips.
" Well what is this 'special' purpose?" I reply back, getting up from the bed.

" Oh you know, this and that, marriage and such," He scoffs, playing it off as nothing.

Did I hear that right?

" Uh what, marriage?!" I say, mostly to myself, my eyes widening in shock. " What sick person would just 'decide' that?"

" Actually, your mother did," He shrugs. " Do you want to know the story?"
" Just tell me for god's sake," I say, gritting my teeth to prevent the anger flowing.
" Well, your mother got into some...nasty business with my dad after having your older sister, by that I mean taking the dugs my dad sold, she began to feel guiltier and guiltier,but when she discovered that she was pregnant, she overcame it for your sake, but when you were born she begged for them to euthanise her, begging for the guilt to be over. She described it to my dad as 'feeling filthy as fuck because she contaminated herself into the chains of death, and she might as well let it happen'. She paid them a good amount of money beforehand for it. In the end, she named you Mercy because it was kind of a sorry for your dad. She put 'Please Have Mercy' in her will, I think your father then knew what exactly happened in some sort of vague way, leading him to believe it was all his fault for not helping her, ending up in his death, but all in all, my father loved your mother, but your mum only stayed loyal to your father and refused to have anything with my dad, so it was decided that I should marry her daughter. You are only 2 years younger than me so it all works, Savannah's too...violent I guess, a good thing is that you're exactly like your mother, beautiful and graceful,"

I take a minute to process this. My own mother didn't die of blood loss. She practically killed herself, and she drove my father to as well.

" You want to..marry me, because I look like my mother?" I spit out, emphasising every word.
" Not just that, Blake deserves a little something too," He grins, before taking a knife from his hands and lightly tracing it over my neck, and getting a camera rolling.

I hold my breath in anticipation of whatever to come. " You see your friend Blake? Well guess what? She's mine now, and that's what you deserve since you did the same to me," He laughs maniacally, pressurising the knife slightly.

" Have fun," He smirks, before lifting the knife and cutting the entire length of my arm.

Well, that's depressing.