Overwhelmed

Chapter 41: Overwhelmed

Suddenly, fireworks burst out near us with a board saying I love you in big lights.

" I probably shouldn't have started with the question, but you were always my stunning princess

" I probably shouldn't have started with the question, but you were always my stunning princess. Now I'm the king of the Black Cobras..I want nothing more than you to stand alongside me as my queen," He says while staring intensely into my eyes.

Okay..I am so prone to overthinking. Is he just marrying me so he could have an heir? Are we taking this to fast? Well, we have been dating for 4 years since I was 18 so..." YES!" I say while flinging myself into his arms under the stars.
Nothing..and I mean NOTHING could ruin this moment!

1 week later....

News went round like a wildfire around the gang. Jeez, by the time we stepped into the house people were congratulating us. Now though, I'm terrified. It's Carter's funeral and I'm so scared that after the funeral the realisation of losing his dad will hit him and he'll just snap. I don't know how to comfort someone over a loss, but I know I'll do my best.

Oh yeah..did I flipping mention that IM FLIPPING PREGNANT!? Yep..3 weeks. Like WTH?! Don't ask me what, when, who, or how cause' I am not gonna answer those...ahem..that just got awkward. Being 22 and pregnant isn't that bad ( my mum was 22 ish as well). If I was still a teen then damn.
I enter the funeral with Carson. I can see that Carson's hurt and I feel absolutely horrid. Carter gave me a home, a family...

After the funeral...

Carson just stands there, lifeless and cold. I put my hand on his shoulder as he brushes it off. " Carson..." I say in a quiet voice.
" Just shut up!" He says abruptly.
This is not the man I know. He's so much colder. " Carson we need to talk," I say while whispering.
" Well go on!" He says gruffly, without making eye contact..just staring at the mahogany coffin.
" Carson..I..I'm pregnant.." I say while stuttering.
" WHAT?!" He says while spinning around.
.....Silence. That type of silence where neither of you know what to say. " Carson...I really don't want this baby to be involved with the gang..I don't want it to.."
" BE A KILLER?! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!" He shouts.

I've been wanting to ask Carson about this since I found out I was pregnant. " Well...maybe the oldest could?" I say.
" WHAT IF SHE/ HE DIES THEN WHAT MERCY!?"
I nearly stop breathing. This wasn't a good time. Why the hell did I decide to tell him now?! " You know what..since we can't agree this marriage might as well be called off!" He shouts at me.
That one sentence smashed and shattered my heart into a million pieces. Instead of pleading, my stubborn and prideful self comes out. " FINE GO AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I say while throwing the ring onto the floor.

I leave without another word. I don't know if it's just the pregnancy or something, but I am absolutely fuming. What really hurts me though..is how he didn't even care. It hurts to know you're so meaningless to the one person you've poured your heart out to.
My first check is tomorrow..it's early, but they need to do an ultrasound to see the baby. Just to check it's okay...

YAY! We've passed 40 chapters and have nearly 900 reads! FOLLOW AND VOTE!!