14| Savannah

Chapter 14: Savannah

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

B L A K E

As soon as Mercy had been confirmed as missing, we began plotting exactly where she could be, and believe me there were a lot of places. I managed to track him down from the video. Rookie mistake.

I stare into the window, only to see a very drunk Xavier getting closer and closer to Mercy, and Mercy's face breaking into one of horror and despair.

So I just broke the window and jumped in, screaming " I'm back bitches!"

Mercy's face breaks into some form of delight mixed with something else I can't figure out. She runs toward me as Xavier staggers to the side.

" What the fuck are you doing here?" Xavier drunkenly asks, leaning onto the wall.
" Well, this is going to be easy," I grin, punching Xavier in the face and quickly grabbing Mercy.

The door eventually opens as a face I recognise emerges. Selena frickin' Blade. Her eyes meet mine with such rage and hate, before turning to Mercy with a sense of loss. Mercy mouths something to her before I sprint off, Mercy in my arms, and the rest of the gang behind me.

•••

Once we got back, everyone was fussing over Mercy, making sure she was okay and stuffing her with lots of food. In the end, we both sat down on the sofa, watching a random tv show.

Mercy kept opening and closing her mouth, trying to find the words to say.

" You found me," Mercy eventually says with a small smile, her eyes still on the tv screen.
" Of course I did, I'm amazing," I smirk back, Mercy lightly punching me on the shoulder. " But I'm sorry, I kind of was an insensitive jerk who didn't think about your feelings, I shouldn't have left you there." I say, Mercy's smile widening as I go on.

" You don't need to be sorry, I need to fix my issues," She lightly jokes, but I think we both know that she means that.
" You haven't got issues, you've got demons,"  I say to her, as she leans her head on my shoulder.
" Aren't they the same thing?" She thinks out loud, looking up at me.

" Issues can be problems you've created yourself. Like being an insomniac or a drug addict or a drunk. Sure there might have been something that caused you to do that, but there are other ways. I know that now. Demons are problems others have caused for you, always around you, haunting you, and trying to ruin you," I explain, Mercy's eyes widening when I mention myself.
" What happened with you?" She asks quietly, her head lifting from my shoulder and looking directly into my eyes.

" You deserve to know. My mum died a couple years back from another gang, and just like that everything changed. The gang became more ruthless, my dad was more ignorant towards me, and I was angry at the world. So I indulged into drugs, any drug I could get my hands on and I was never proud of it, but it was my escape. I would stay in my room, but most of the time I was outside with some friends, namely one called Xavier. We took drug after drug until my dad really understood what was going on. He began to care all because I was taking drugs. I got mad at him for that, but he told me that my mum would never want this."

I take a deep breath in order not to break down in front of Mercy. That would be embarrassing.

" Then everything changed again. We changed our lives for our mum, becoming what we once were. But it was a struggle. I couldn't just stop drugs. I never thought I could anyway, but here I am,"

Mercy looks torn between saying something or just staying quiet. " Well you got rid of those issues, you're strong, and you're better than ever, and that's an amazing accomplishment," She then says with her signature small smile.

We just stay in the same position for a long time. Her leaning on my shoulder as I lean on her head, her arms wrapped around me. The silence was broken by Mercy who suddenly says " Savannah" out of nowhere.

" What?" I mutter, looking at her.
"Savannah is..was angry. She took drugs. I wish I could have been stronger. Then maybe I could have helped her"
"That's not your fault whatsoever, she took her anger out on you over and over again, she didn't just need support, she needs a massive reflection on her life. She's made mistakes, everyone can fix them but it's up to themselves. You can't decide whether you could have helped her or not, she has to decide whether she wants to be helped." I say, bringing Mercy closer to me and just holding her.

And I've never felt more at home.

Slightly shorter chapter but I didn't want too much going on in one chapter, just Mercy getting rescued and a cute moment

Someone please come up with a ship name: