8|I've had enough

Chapter 8: I've had enough

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M E R C Y

EVEN THOUGH I had just been literally killed or whatever, I made my way to school by limping. Yay. Naturally, I kept receiving weird looks but that's nothing new.

Little does everyone else know, is that my bag is stuffed with some clothes, and a small blanket.

" Hey Mercy," Azita smiles once she sees me, and Caitlin and Lucy turn around.
They start discussing about going to some party together, I think it's Damion's party. He's Tessa's boyfriend.

" Mercy you havvveee to come!" Caitlin begs, tugging on my arm.
" I..can't um...my sister is going through a...breakup and I don't want to leave her," I lie.
" Aww poor her, tell her she should come to the party too then!" Azita suggests.
" She's not in the mood to do anything, thanks for the offer though," I smile.

The bell then rings and I'm off to my first lesson.

" Okay children, I'm going to be putting you all into a new seating plan," Mrs Fayre says.

Eventually she tells me to sit at the front with..Tessa. Just my luck she's in English with me.

At least I'm leaving.

" Hello, Mercy," She smirks, my name rolling of her tongue in a sing song manner.
I just ignore her and get on with my work.

I then hear some whispering. " Yeah did you know Mercy takes drugs," I hear someone tell Tessa.

" Hey Mercy, do you take drugs? I wouldn't be surprised if you did," She laughs.
" No I don't," I huff, turning back to my work.

Why did Mrs Fayre leave the room?!

" Well then, what are these?" Tessa smirks, lifting a small pouch of pills.

Savannah must have dropped them in either on purpose or accident.

" They're not mine, that must have been an accident," I mutter.
" Not yours? I call bullshit. They're not your dead parents' drugs are they?" Tessa laughs again, as the rest of the class begin to look as to what is going on.

They don't know I have a sister. I don't mention her whatsoever.

Mustering enough courage I say " Wow trying to spread rumours now? I'm surprised you can spread something other than your legs,"

I hear a couple of gasps and sniggers. " Aww is little Mercy finally growing a backbone?" Tessa says, trying to play it off.

" If I throw a stick will you go away?" I ask innocently.

More people begin to laugh.

" You better watch out Mercy," Tessa growls before Mrs Fayre walks back inside the classroom.

Well I'll probably never see you again.

The rest of the school day went by slowly, and Tessa and the rest of them kept giving me glares and smirks.