7| Where am I?

Chapter 7: Where am I?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

MERCY'S P.O.V

I TRIED TO move. Everything was black.. and I was completely paralysed. I wondered around for what felt like days. Just stuck in this big empty space.

And then suddenly I see my parents.

Am I hallucinating? I mean I'm in a big black box and my parents are here?! Where the hell am I??

" Hello Honey," I hear who I suppose is my mother say.

No one was lying when they said she looked exactly like me. With the pin straight brown hair and dark green eyes. Except she looked a lot more..alive, and less beaten down.

My gaze then sets on my father. The one who left me to the world I live in now. " M..Mum and Dad?" I whisper, and it all feels so real.

" I didn't mean to leave you, and I just want you to remember that," Dad says, his head looking down. " I was torn between you two and your mother, I never realised how much you two needed me though, I never thought Savannah would turn to drinking, smoking, drugs and violence for comfort, I'd thought she'd turn to you,"

I run forward and hug them both. " You don't need to apologise," I say.

" Now Mercy, you need to choose whether you want to live or die," My mother suddenly says.

" What?!" I exclaim, tilting my head in confusion.

Here's my chance

" I..is this a dream?" I then say.
" You won't remember this if you wake up," My dad replies.

I open my mouth for my decision.

S A V A N N A H

I thought Zoe said that she would live. That she'll go through it and I'd be able to take my anger out again. It's killing me. Having to lent up my anger. Yet now Zoe is telling me that her condition has worsened.

I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. But the only emotion that ever consumes me now is anger. And that is all I'll ever feel.

I look at Mercy on the small couch on the sofa. Instead of hurting her, maybe I could make her like the mum I just remember. Maybe that would make me feel less alone. But I don't need that. It'll probably hurt more. Knowing that she's gone. And so is dad.

I still remember that day. Mercy and I were hugging each other and sobbing uncontrollably. Once we got home I was mad and began screaming and hitting her. That was the day I let my anger consume me. That was the day I became who I truly am.

M E R C Y

The first thing that hits me is the usual stench of alcohol. I then blink my eyes and see someone looking over me and checking my vitals. I turn my head slightly and see Savannah smirking.

" What happened?" I manage to say, attempting to get up.
" You just needed more time to heal a bit, so your body shut yourself down. It was kind of like half a coma, because you weren't fully shut down. You could still move slightly, so there was more of a chance you'd live," The supposed doctor says, although she's dressed in some old shirt and jeans.

I just nod.

She then leaves the room and packs her stuff, leaving me with Savannah. "You just don't stop fighting huh?" She says, getting up and walking over to me.

" Well at this point there's no reason left for me to fight," I mutter out, not daring to look in her stormy eyes.
" Well then, how would you like me to put an end to your misery," She smiles, raising her hand.

On reflex I put my hand up to block her and flinch as she swings her hand. But it never came.

" That's what I thought, yer too innocent for this world. And you don't understand even a tiny fraction of what you have done. So stop pretending to be strong," She says while walking off. " Oy Lexi meet me outside my house," I hear her shout on the phone.

I let the tears roll down my cheeks. I'm not strong. I never will be.

I need to go. I need to leave. I can't just stay here longer, it's too much.

Wow

Wow. I'm a really depressing person. Yay.