Home Sweet Home

Chapter 18| Home sweet Home

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
MERCY'S P.O.V

I take a cab back to my old house and pray that this was a bad decision.
Forget that

This is a bad idea.

Once I reach there I knock and patiently wait before I see Savannah's face. A tired face. Exhausted. Confused.

" M...Mercy?" She trembles.
Then she gives me a hug.

A hug.

" Um...hi?" I say awkwardly.
" I'm sorry."
About time she apologized to be honest. Besides, I never expected this of all things.
" After you left I realised that I was stupid as hell...and I can't believe what I did to you," She whispers while hugging me again.

I have to forgive her. She looks so tired and depressed that it has to be true.

"No one said we can't start over," I say.

Happily, we spend the rest of the day catching up and trying to not make this more awkward than it already was. After all this what we've both wanted at different points in our lives.

To be sisters.

Nothing much has changed except us. The house is still as dirty as ever. My room extremely dusty. But that can be comforting. Coming back here was a good idea. I knew it all along.

Yeah right

Ugh.

I decide to head into town after. And of course I bump into my 3 favourite people.

Phoebe, Lisa and Tessa.

Great.

" Oh hi...." I say.
They look me up and down and something flashes in their eyes. Jealousy? Anger?

" Mercy? Ha still as ugly as ever," Tessa grins.

No one's around.

Good.

I swiftly punch Tessa and Phoebe and knock them out, leaving a quivering Lisa staring in shock. Someone has to help them?

Then I see Azita.
Lucy.
Caitlín.
And of course to top it all of
Carson.

I make small talk with them for a while. And then Carson kisses me. The hell?!