Chapter 5

"Aww!!Look at that flower . That is so..so .."
"Pretty?"If that was what Melanie mean!
"Yes,pretty.And strange too!"she said as she approached it. It had large petals and ugly smell though its white spots were quite attractive.
We wandered around the woods ,clicking pictures and collecting rocks and flowers for the school assignment.The thought of the broken window was still at the back of my mind. It had been  3 hours and we found only two graphites and a periwinkle for three of us.
"Why don't we halt?"Maddy asked as she halted and took a deep breath."This place is good enough to rest.Isn't it?JJ??"
"Tiresome people get tired!!"he replied.
"Well we do require an energy-break.Why don't we just.."Before I could complete,Jax interrupted and said,"Okay then,we halt.But just for 20 minutes."

We settled on the ground. Maddy approached me and asked with curiosity,
"I guess he likes you."
"Well, you do?"I questioned with a blush on my cheeks.
"I am not pretty sure but he does listen to you and lowers his aggression when you're around."
"Is it that way? I always see his shy, calm and honest side. That is how he's been with me since we met."
"Mind me asking your 'meeting-story '?"
"Sure.But It isn't much.We met in the public library 10-11 months back.I was searching for a book .I took one out and displaced several;dropped a few. The keeper was mad at me. Jax cooled him down and helped me a way out. Since then... I later came to know that we share the college. That is all I clearly remember."
Maddy nodded , gave me a smile and turned around,digging her back-pack.

A suspiciously strange thing caught my eye. I got up and headed towards it. I was at a little distance. I got curious and wanted to check it out. Jax would not let me go alone. So I asked Wendy to lend me a hand at that thing. We approached Jax and told him that we would be back in no time. And so we left.
" Well what did you see?"Wendy asked as we were walking.
"I saw a book shaped stone. I also feel a cave besides it."
"A cave?Are you sure? Because these woods have no caves as such...as per my researches."
I denied to answer. Soon we approached that thing.
There was a pillar and also an open-book-shaped stone on the top of it. But there was no cave.Maybe my imagination fooled me. We went close.The stone was green,covered by moss all over. It was posted in front of a wall. It wasn't exactly a wall but a hill.
"You said a C-a-v-e?!!"Wendy exclaimed while she arched a eyebrow to me.
"Okay.Maybe my imagination."
"You do have a strong imagination!!"
"Whatever!!What do you think this might be?"
"Some junk? I don't see anything worth seeing here.Let's go back. JJ must be waiting."
"JJ??You too?"I asked in a curiosity as we headed back.
"Yes..I think it's cool."

We reached the spot. Everybody was packing up to leave. We grabbed our bags and stood up. Jax was waiting with a map in his hand."Ready to leave ?"
"Well yeah,...but where are we going?"Maddy asked .
"The lake."
"What?But the lake is the other way.? " Melanie interrupted. She did go the 'other way' for collecting bon-fire wood.
"Yeah but there are two lakes here."Jax replied.
And then we left,searching for graphites and flowers and wood.