Chapter 7

We sat down, facing the lake. She waited for me to question,staring at the water. Jax didn't return yet. I then broke the silence.
"Why do you think that the other edge is dangerous?"
She turned her face towards me. Then her body. She sat folding her legs and whispered in my ear,
"I don't think."
I stared at her, wrinkling my fore head.
"There is danger. I know." said she ,looking straight into my eyes. She seemed serious.
She then turned towards the water. I didn't dare to say anything. I was a bit terrified by her extreme attitude of truth. We sat 3 minutes in silence. Then I gathered courage and asked in a firm voice,"So,you are here to camp?"
"No. I live here."she replied an instant. I got confused.
"I mean ..I ..work here." She corrected herself . Her smile,it made me comfortable . I then shook my head."Oh I forgot to introduce myself. Sally. Sally Pinchholes."lending a hand to shake. She looked at my hand with a confused her. I took my hand back ,smiling."Guess you don't shake a hand!" She got cleared. She raised her eyebrows as 'Eureka'. This time she lended me a hand to shake and said,
"Dutches Spellar."
Her name was ..weird. I never heard such a name all over the city. Maybe she was was from another town or something.
I then saw Jax approaching us with others. I got up and went towards him.
"Everybody safe and sound, mistress." He bowed before me. What's gotten into him? I smiled. I guess he's influenced. This place made everybody act crazy. I giggled.
I then turned around to Dutches, only to find she was gone.
"Where did that girl go?" Jax asked me .
"Her name was Dutches Spellar. She said she 'knows' about the danger out there. She didn't tell me exactly what danger." I replied.
"Weird name. Weird attitude. And creepy people." He then whispered. "Watch out for ghosts;they attack you , tear you apart. Crush your brains and fry them." Everybody giggled as Jax tried to scare me.
"Shut up,JJ. There are no G-H-O-S-T-S here; nowhere."said  Mear.

"We leave in half an hour. Pack up everybody." Jax commanded.
Everyone was packing. I already did early as I did not 'messed up' ,much as everybody else did. I decided to write my diary up.

________________________________________________________
8 August,2015
2:33 p.m

Dear diary,
We are at lake Vensus ,the board reads, inside the woods. It is way more fun in the tents we made than resting in the permanent camps here . Jax surely made a fair and reasonable decision. He's good at this.

On the way here, Wybie and I had a brief conversation. He asked me about my family, future,intrests ,disinterests and more. He questions like a pro. He is way more fascinating than I thought about him . He sure has vauable general knowledge. If you want to discuss science and life, then he's the perfect one. I like his humour too. I am on him than on any other celebrity.
In the woods, he got pushed by Ferd and he landed in mud with insects. He looked pitiful. Nobody came near him . He was then asked to walk at the last. We laughed all the way.
I did got involved in their crazyness. I got mixed up quite easily than I thought.
One good about them is they live their lives to the fullest. This vibe got into me very hard.

A strange thing happened couple of minutes ago. It was this girl, Dutches  Spellar. She said that the area on the other edge of the lake is dangerous. I don't know why she thinks so ,but I guess she was saying the truth. Maybe her experience of working there may have caught her a sight or something. She was extremely weird. She didn't even know to shake a hand. Her language was out of the world. She did speak English but not how we do. But her dressing sense was awesome. I don't know where she disappeared later.
____________________________________________________

I closed the book as I saw Ferd approaching me. He said that Jax was waiting for me. I saw Jax and the others staring at me furiously. I didn't recognise that the time was up. I gave an awkward smile ,messaging that I am sorry. I got up ,put my backpack on and we left . We were going back to our tents.
"Well,we'll take the other route. Maybe you find your assignment accessories ."said Jax.
And we took the other way home. I mean rest place...maybe!

We were walking continuously ;without a halt. Everybody seemed tired except for Jax. He did workout everyday; which,I think, lends him stamina. We did not argued upon taking a rest . We knew if we take a break, then the sun won't take long to set. 'We have to reach the campsite before sunset .'said Jax ,a multiple of time since we started.
I was not in my senses when I heard a scramble ahead. I was walking at the last ,unaware of everything.
"What happened?"I asked Wybie walking infront of me.
"I don't know. Let me check." saying this he ran ahead . I followed him. I saw Ferd ,Melanie and Jax messing up. Maddy and Wendy followed me . We circled around;
Only to find out that WE WERE LOST.

Authors note:
Hey readers,
I hope you loved this part. It has a lots of mysteries to unfold. Keep reading to know what is Dutches Spellar all about. Why she feels the other edge has danger?

Please do vote, share ,comment and follow me.