Chapter 35

"Oh Ferdy. I missed you." Wendy rushed to hug him.
"Are you okay?" I asked him as I approached.
"Yea.. I am perfectly fine." He answered.

My eyes went upto Hagus. His eyes gleamed seeing us return. He got up and asked,
"Have eyu ghot the Slate Of Wishes?"

Maddy withdrew it from her bag and handed it to Hagus.
Hagus snatched it from her hand and gave her an evil look. "Finally." He said and approached Jacobin who was sitting on the chair fixing a skull.
"Jacobin? Du not you see? We have now The Slate."

Jacob stood up. "Are we doing it now?" He asked Hagus.
"Yeas. Very Yeas." He answered. Then turned upto us.

"Poor Heumans." His English was worse than before. "You are now doomed. You thoth  I wood leave you easily? Na na nah."
He then ordered the giant that still stood beside him. He reached upto Maddy and snached her bag and gave it to Hagus. He digged in the bag and took out the book.

"You must b vo rn dering why the book right? Well because Heumans are dumb creatures."

"What are you upto?" I asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Well well. I destroy the book now. And you eyu and you and you... Huh.. Cannot stop me."

I then turned to Dutches giving her a green signal. We made enough way for her.
I then made the climax line. "You are going down."

At my say, Dutches threw out immense power that came out from her palms and smashed Hagus to the wall behind him. Jacobin was in complete oblivion. So was Ferd, since he didn't knew the Stoneland story.

Dutches now grabbed Jacobin with her power.

Jax and Wybie reached to Hagus. He seemed like he was dead. Jax signalled me for the next move while they took care that Hagus remain motionless. I took the Slate that flew from Hagus'es hands. But before I could hand it to Dutches, the giant stood in front of me with extreme fury. I tried to make a way out, but failed. The giant had caught me by the walls. There was no way to escape.
As he was about to attack me with his axe, he fell down on the ground.

I managed to see the source. It were the little innocent goblins. They were helping me. I had no time to admire. Dutches was still holding Jacobin. "Hurry. I can't take this anymore." She called for me. There was no way I could get pass the oil cans in a swift. So I lifted the Slate up and flew it. Wendy caught it.

I looked upto Ferd. He was still defending the two knifed goblins. I looked around trying to find something that could help him. Finding nothing, I decided to throw the large oil can on them.
I adjusted it to an angle and shouted for Ferd,"On my call Ferd!"
Then I pushed them hard and made a call, "Now."

Ferd emptied the way and the goblins lowered. I approached Wendy. She had now tied Jacobin. "You called the cops?" She nodded.

Dutches was lying at an end, by the wall. She was exhausted as her whole energy was consumed. Before I could approach her, I heard them.

"Helpp!"

I turned around to see that Hagus had now gripped Wybie by his neck and Jax was trying to get him off.

"What do we do now?" Wendy asked as a Ferd approached us.
The only choice left was to use the Slate.

I grabbed it and made a wish," I wish that Dutches recieve more power, enough to destroy Hagus."
A bright white light emerged and went into Dutches body. She now seemed okay. Yet I asked,"You fine?"
"Better than before." She answered as she got up.

Jax had now freed Wybie.

"Look here. Fight with the one of your kind." Dutches shouted and made some steps ahead. Her hands glew with orangish-red light. So did her body.

My sight caught Hagus

My sight caught Hagus. He made steps back. He now feared Dutches and her power.
"Let go of me. I pe romise. I do not harm your frends."
Dutches then made a final word." People like you, do not deserve pity."

In a whoosh of her magic, Hagus turned into dust.

Jax and Wybie ran upto us and we all cheered. We were finally happy. The feeling at that time was unpredictable. We were having a group hug when they arrived.