Chapter 31

"Take thes." He handed Dutches a red stone. I guessed it was Ruby. "If the Kween says no for the slate, then try thes on her."

"How do we get there? To the Stoneland?" Dutches asked him as she hamded the Ruby to Maddy. She kept her in her bag.

"Here. These are the spell codes. You go through the mirror and you return through the mirror. I wrote them in English. Maybe you find Goblish, tough." Jacob handed Jax a paper. I peeped in. There was a spell written on it.

"Now go. You can re tu ren through any mirror until you have the espell. And ..beware of the real munstors." Hagus sat as he was finished explaining.

We now had a spell code and a mirror and a ruby. The mission was on. As we headed to the mirror I thought about the things we were supposed to do. I turned around and waved Ferd a goodbye. He sat there as a prisoner. It wasn't anyone of us who was responsible. He himself backed up. Maybe he was afraid of something or he knew that Jax and Wyborne could not be left alone, neither one of the girls. So he chose himself.
My mind rushed Hagus'es words 'beware of the real monsters'. I chuckled at the thought when he cleared that he wasn't a monster. But what repeatedly scened my mind was the caution he gave us.

"Everybody ready?" Jax asked. We had now approached the mirror in the alley. Before having a second thought , Jax read the spell.

Wholely and soulfully, we are the people of good. Take us as we wish to go the Stoneland.

At his say, nothing great happened like in movies, a screwing hole opens up and sucks everything in. The mirror was normal.

"Well. I guessed the spell would have been rhyming and in some creepy language. Uninteresting." Wybie expressed his thoughts that everyone had in their minds.

Jax tried his hand in. It passed through. "Quick. Come." He said as he disappeared in the mirror.
Dutches followed Jax and then Wendy made a move. I then slipped in.

The moment was not a grand feeling. It was just like we passed through a door. The next thing I saw was incredible.

In front of me stood a amazing castle

In front of me stood a amazing castle. At it's sides, we waterfalls. I stepped for a closer look. Maddy pushed me back. We were at a high point;from beneath flew sparkling crystal clear water. I then scanned the area we were at. I turned around. There was a huge mirror that reflected the castle. To my notice, it was hanging on a tree branch. I looked to the side. It was a dense forest. I could see lights penetrating and making way to the ground. I also noted that all trees were not green. Some were red and some blue. It didn't seemed real. But it was.

"Beautiful." Wyborne exclaimed. I turned to see him. His eyes were struck on the castle.
"Atleat you have words. I do not." Wendy told us. I chuckled as I looked around.

My eyes caught Dutches. Her eyes had a weird sparkling glamour as she looked down in the river. I approached her and stood beside her, looking in the water.
"Beautiful. Isn't it?" I asked her. She didn't reply. She kept staring.

"Guys. Let's ignore this scenario and walk for what we came here for." Jax said as he searched our way to pass the river.
"JJ. You never enjoy the little moments of your life. You should." Maddy tried to explain.
"Madison, do you remember your friend out there ..and the world. Your parents, my parents and other innocent people? We are here to take something. We grab it and leave at soon as possible." Jax made a ferocious jump and walked saying,"I don't trust this place."

He was, to a certain extent, correct. We must not trust the outlook. Appearances are deceptive.

"We are we going anyway?" I asked as all of us followed him.
"To the bridge. We go inside the castle." Jax replied.

While we walked, my mind took different ways of curiosity.
Why aren't there any people out here? The castle must be of a ruler and a ruler must have his subjects. Maybe on the other side of the forest. But why would someone build a castle at an edge, beyond a dense-looking forest. Whoahh... The forest doesn't seem to end. Oh, those red trees look as if  a tree on fire. Wait. Is that tree really on fire? Thank Goodness. I got scared. Well the blue ones look attractive too. What a tree without chlorophyll. Green trees have chlorophyll. What must be those blue and red ones made up of? Huh.. Science here must be different.

"What are you ingrossed in?" Wendy asked as she tried to catch up on my pace.
"Well. My thoughts." I answered,  smiling.