Chapter 18

"I was heading here with your diary. Suddenly I saw someone standing in my way. I don't know who was that person. I remember him staring at me. He didn't say a word ...just stood there. I ...was scared. So I ran the other way. Another thing.. I remember him appearing to my sides while I was running here. It freaked me out."

Her story seemed similar to mine. So I inquired.
"What did he look like?"

"I didn't actually see him. All I know is he was wearing something loose and a at. I can say he was slim."

My doubt cleared.
"I saw him too." I said.

"You did? When?" She asked.

"When I ..umm..ran away in the woods. "

"You ran away?"

I guessed my words were harsh. But she meant as if she didn't knew.

"Yeah... For four to five hours... After sundown!" I tried to remind her.

"Ohhh...But you were away for just 45 minutes." Her words seemed ike forever.

"Really? Time in the woods was pretty lengthy." I was diverted.

"Stop fluctuating the topic. You were saying something ..IMPORTANT." She reminded.

"Ohh..sorry. I was saying that I saw that man too. He is the same person as you described. He stared at me for long. I panicked and..fainted."

"I guess it is.."

"The whisperer?" I continued.

"What? No. He is not at this place."

"Then...where is He? And who is the man in the woods who keeps blocking our ways and staring us to death silence."

She did not say anything. I laid down on my bed thinking about the weird things happening to me since I entered the woods. Surely, it is still unforgettable.

--

"Sally."

I heard my name being called out. I got up and rubbed my eyes. Oh, I slept in my party wears. Mother's gonna kill me if she finds out. I saw Dutches laying beside me, off the bed. Because I took the whole bed for myself.

"Sally? Are you up?" I heard Ferd calling out for me.

"Yeah . Give me 10 minutes." I replied.

Dutches woke up. I shouted really hard.

"Good morning." She wished me.

"Morning Blondie. You slept there the whole night?" That was a rhetorical question. Tho she replied.

"Yeah. I didn't find my bed." She said teasingly, stretching her neck.

"Sorry." I apologised. Her neck seemed to be aching. I didn't gave her a pillow either. I felt bad.

"So, you are leaving?" She asked.

"Umm...yeah." I freshened as I replied.

"Why so early? I mean we have important tasks to do." She said seriously.

"Important tasks? Like what?" I chuckled.

"Uh.. Finding the Whisperer and ...the man in the woods. "