Chapter 26

We all were a little shocked to hear the knock on the window. Jax approached it. Wybie  and Ferd followed him. Dutches stood up to see.
We saw Jax as he opened it and leaned outside. No sooner he was jerked behind. I was in complete oblivion. So was everyone. Jax was pushed by something outside the window. In a second, a small little creature jumped in.

He was green and had a knife in his hand

He was green and had a knife in his hand. It wore armour and a cap. His ears were sure big. He stood there giving us a ferocious look. I was terrified. It was a goblin.

In my hand was the book. I slowly hid it behind the pillow.
The moment it was in, everything around us turned green. It wasn't the nature green but dark rusty green that had surrounded the room.

"What are your guys staring at?" Ferd asked as he tried to find the source.
It was no time for us to answer him. After two seconds or so, the goblin broke the ephemeral pause.
He made a screeching sound that covered the room.

Wybie stood up to protect me. Basically,the book.

There was another jump in the bedroom. I saw as three more creatures jumped into my room. They were comparatively shorter in height than the first one. They had no weapons in their hands. Neither armour.

I saw Jax as he stood up and broke a vase on the head of one of the three goblins. The goblin was off. He fell on the ground. One ran and hid behind the curtain while the other looked at the injured one.
"What is happening?" Ferd asked, confused. We didn't reply.

The goblin that entered first approached Dutches in his fastest speed. He took a high jump over her and hanged on the book shelf.

"Will anybody tell me what's going on?" Ferd shouted out loud.
"Don't you see there are goblins here? Shut up and help me." Jax answered him as he ran towards the goblin that hanged on the shelf. But he fell.
I looked over to see that one of the unarmed goblin was grabbing his feet. "Get off, you hideous creature." Jax struggled to get him off.
Wybie went to help Jax.

I was in a total oblivion. I turned over to Dutches. She was trying to get the goblin off the shelf. But he stuck there like a spider on his wick. In no time , Dutches was on the floor. "V!" I screamed. I approached her. The goblin had hit her on her leg.

I handed her to Wendy and went over to the goblin which had now messed my bed. As he was about to get the pillow, I pulled him from his leg towards me. It made a unearthly sound and waved his knife across my arm. It was bleeding. His leg was now free. I looked over. He had the book.

Wyborne jumped to catch but his jump was higher. Jax tried to snatch it but the goblin had a hard grip on his leg. I rushed to free him. Before I could, the goblin released it itself and grabbed the injured goblin and jumped out of the window.
They were gone.

Wybie and I rushed to the window. We saw them jump to the other side and hide behind the alley.
"Woahhh... How did that... I mean what happened." Ferd asked me as he tried to touch my bruised arm.
"They took the book." I said. "They took the book and there was nothing we could do." I screamed out of frustration of losing the only hope of survival.
"What are you saying.. Who took th.."
"The goblins. They are gone." I answered Ferd before he questioned.
"What goblins are you talking about? It is just your imagination." Ferd tried to convince me as he held my face.
I pushed him back and yelled showing him my arm and Dutches's leg, which was now bleeding. "This ... This is what you call imagination Ferdinand. The room. What do you say about the room?" I halted and then continued."You didn't see because you don't believe. Do you now?"

He backed. I calmed myself down. I saw Maddy . She was standing at the door horrified by what just happened. I went upto her and hugged her. Wybie approached me and started aiding my wound. Wendy helped Dutches in her dressing . Jax was standing by the window.

"What is that?" Ferd pointed out to the curtain. Jax made way for us to see. "Gosh! The goblin." I said as I realised that they were 4 to come and 3 to leave.

Please do vote if you like, readers.
Also let me know your fav character in the comment section below. I'd love to hear it.
If ain't following me, please do and get regular updates.