Chapter 8

We sat on the logs as Jax tried to locate us on the map. All this way he held the map upside down. This thought made me giggle. Ferd instantly responded to my giggle.
"Look there is the craziest person. She's laughing. Miss Pinchholes, we are lost. Away from home ,in this ugly forest."
"Woods." He gave me a furious face as I corrected him. I giggled more.
"Do you recognise anything, chief?" Maddy asked Jax sarcastically. He gave a dumb look and answered,"Nothing."
"Great! Now what?" Mear asked Maddy.
"Ask your CHEIF!"she replied,exhausted.
_______________________________________________________

4:13 p.m
We lost our way in these woods. Everyone is panicking. Wybiez searching for help. Ferd is looking for our assignment accessories. Maddy is seriously mad at Jax. Jax is trying to fix up his mess. Mear and Wendy are chatting and laughing like they just don't care. Yeah it's true that 'worrying' won't fix the bygone. But chatting won't either.
Observing everyone freshens me. It's fun.
A roach just passed my feet. It's ugly. I see many of them. Ugh..a whole family. I see beatles too. I guess we landed the wrong place.
I wish we find our way back to the tents.

______________________________________________________
As soon as I wrote my wish, something unusual happened. A bright white light came out of the book and it displayed a while line in the distant. The diary on my lap lightened so bright that my eyes were unable to resist. I stood up, dropping the book down on the ground. Everyone seemed confused as well as terrified. We stood in silence for half a minute. Then Jax approached me and asked me,
"What...what was that?"
I didn't reply as I myself was in confusion. I looked at him and then turned my eyes to the diary. Mear approached me . She put her hands on my arm and asked again, shaking m,"Sally,what happened just now? Sally !! Wake up. What did you do?"
This time I replied."I ...I didn't do anything."
"Then what happened? And where is that light leading to?" said Jax ,seeming horrified.
"Look Sal, you did something that ...made things.. I mean made that usual light appear." Maddy tried explaining.
"You write your diary everytime but nothing such happened....until .." Wendy and I were friends since childhood. She knows that I write. Never ever did ......
"Sally,tell something."Jax interrupted my thoughts.
"I wrote..."
"What ? What did you write?"
"I wrote..that we find a way back to our tents. Then suddenly those words shone up bright and now that light appears ."
Jax picked up my diary . The light was still shining. But this time, a little less brighter. He opened and read the words that were shining,'I wish we find our way back to our tents.' He turned,"This means...."
"This means that the light shining in the distant is our way back to the campsite."
Wybie interfered Jax and said in a strike.
We stared at each other.
"Well then tell me what you all conclude."he asked ,seeing our confused faces.
"A light ,that just appeared from nowhere,will show us the way back to the tents?Great !" Mear disagreed the happening."Now we have to believe in a magic diary."
"See guys, Wybiez right. This is what it means. Stay conscious. Think....just think that it's Jesus who is helping." Mear made up a face and sat down again.
Suddenly ,my sight caught a movement at the distant. I saw something behind the tree ,where Ferd had his back. I hushed Ferd and Maddy and tipped-toe towards the tree. What!
"Dutches?"

Authors note:
This chapter was exciting. I enjoyed writing and I hope you enjoyed reading. Honestly, this chapter was the best for me until.
Comment and let me know what you think would happen next.

Keep reading to unfold the mystery.
Please do vote.