Chapter 24

We were peeping in the lane, hiding ourselves. Dutches was the first one to see. As she bended to see, within a second she pulled herself back.
"What is i..mm.." She put her hands on my mouth and hushed me.
"What is it?" I whispered her.
"Look." She pointed in the lane.

I bend myself only to lose my senses. It was Ryan. Not only him, but also a huge green creature standing in front of him. I was terrified so I pulled myself back and took a deep breath.
"You see. A goblin." She whispered. I nodded.

I then peeped again to observe the happening.

I could see a green creature who stood in front of Ryan. I could say he was 4 feet tall and healthy ,muscled. He wore armour at his arms. I could see his ears; they were poined big. His face was hidden behind Ryan's. He was messing with Ryan's brain. I saw him touching Ryan's head from the sides and stretching his palms like he was extracting something. No sooner, I saw red light coming out of Ryan's head and resting on the goblin's palm. The red light then formed a ball. He put that so-called ball in his bag. It surely was a bag. It was brown in colour and seemed old and bruised.
This time I saw his face. He had big dark green eyes and a large nose. I could recognise some pimples on it. His jaw was broad and had sharp teeth that came leeching out of his mouth. His clothes were not actually clothes. He wore a piece of brown ragged cloth around his waist. His feet were bare and large-green. This is the best I can describe the thing as. I simple terms, the creature was ugly but horrible.

"How can he be so big?" Dutches distracted me with her rhetorical question. She was peeping with me too.
"Is it the goblin you saw yesterday with Ryan?" I asked.
"No. He was smaller that this one." She whispered me back.

Ryan seemed to get his senses back now. "Damn.. Not again. Ughh..I hate everything." He was now normal. It seemed he couldn't see the goblin which stood right in front of him. My sight was caught by the goblin again. This time it was laughing. Then he walked away out of sight.
"Should we follow him?" I asked hurriedly.
"No. He'll know. " she answered.
"Maybe he can lead us to the whisperer." I said.
"We don't have to find the whisperer Sally. Neither we want him to find us or the book. The distant, the better."

Ryan was now approaching us. He seemed annoyed. He saw us peeping.
"Hey hey hey hey, you guys followed me up here?" He asked approaching us hurriedly.
"Um.. No... We were just passing by." I answered.
He wasn't satisfied. Yet he left the spot.
"Why did you lie to him?" Dutches asked me.
I looked at her like seriously. "Do you want me to tell him that 'yes Ryan we did' and then tell him that you just encountered a goblin? Come on V."
Her brain wsas now back, so she didn't argued.

--
"Mom?"
"Surprise!"

Aunt Sarah was sitting on the couch. Dutches was super surprised. She ran to hug her.
"Oh. I am so happy." Dutches said, hugging her mom tighter.
"Nice to see you again." Aunt Sarah smiled at me.
"Your good luck. She was leaving in five." Mother said.
"What? Why?" Dutches didn't seem to let her go.
"Oh dear. I am here since 1. I should go. Night time is coming." And she was back on her English- a little better than before.
"I bought books you asked. Hope helps."
"Great." I picked them up and hurried to my bedroom before Mother could ask about them. We didn't wanted to reveal her everything. Also she hated fantasies.

On insisting, Aunt Sarah stayed for an hour. After she left, Dutches and I were back in business.

"How much more?" I asked Dutches. Aunt Sarah bought 4 books with huge content. Surely there was so much to know about the uglies. She sent us 2 books on Trolls and 2 on Goblins. We were writing down the important points that would help us tackle them if we had to confront them.

"Come in." Dutches said after she heard a knock. I was busy reading so I didn't hear it. It was Jax and the others.
"Hey." Maddy waved.
"On your call ,milady." Wybie bowed, making everyone laugh.

I had called them so that we may discuss what had to be done next. So here they were , ready for anything.

"Stop doing that." Wendy responded to Wybie's actions.
"Where is Mear?" Dutches asked after noticing her absence.
"She'd be hanging out with her.... Boyfriend..hahaaa." Jax started laughing after answering. Wyborne followed him. They were still not up with that Boyfriend-thingy.

They settled soon unlike earlier.
"So, what is the thing?" Ferd asked.
"Yeah..so. The thing is ... We followed Ryan."
"Yeahh.. He was behaving weird since .. I don't know when." Wendy interfered me.
I continued.

Authors note:
Hey readers,
Hope it is still exciting. Apology for all the grammar errors. I write in hurries so sorry bout that.

Vote if you are liking it. It'd mean a lottttttt:)