Chapter 17

"Awws....Its Wendy. Come on ,chose." It was Mear's turn to give a choice.
"I choose...umm....what should I choose Sal?"
"I say Dare, if you can.." I teased her, for she always chose 'The Truth '.
She rolled her eyes. Everyone stared at her. She then agreed and shouted,
"Okay. Dare. I dare. Alright? Now stop looking at me like that." We giggled. Finally,she agreed.
"Okay...the best part." Mear always loved to dare people. But she didn't liked it on herself. "I dare you...to hop to that tree, kiss the stem and then hop back and bark like a dog."
Her dares were always funny. We watched Wendy do that and laughed. She did felt embarrassed. She did not argue.
My sight then caught Jax. He was sitting behind all of us, near the van. I approached him. I stood in front of him with my hands folded and eyebrows arched. He looked up to me and gave a semi smile.
"What makes the macho-man sit here..all by-himself?" I asked him as I sat down in front of him on the ground.
"Nothing. You know I just LIKE seeing that game." He replied honestly.
He never enjoyed playing it than watching from a far edge.
"Sally..come here." Maddy screamed for me.
"It's your turn." Wyborne followed Maddy.
"Recieve you call, milady." Jax said,teasingly.
I then went over and continued.

--
"Pack up guys. It's twelve." Jax interrupted our smooth moving game. He never did that. It was awkward.
"Why? Do we have to go somewhere early morning?" Wendy asked curiously.
"Umm...the thing is.."he scratched back of his neck continuing,"We leave home tomorrow." At his say, we all got confused. He then continued,"So early to bed , early to rise."
"What? Why? How?" Maddy became aggressive.
"We were supposed to leave the day after tomorrow." Ferd was angry too.
"I know guys. But.." Jax tried to calm them out.
"But what? Tell us JJ." Mear asked, standing up.
"Guys guys..relax. Let him speak." I interrupted the harsh going.
"Look ..um.. It is important for us to leave tomorrow. Its-it's the wood-keeper who told us to vacant the place. "
"Why? What for? This place is public." Maddy interrupted. This girl is not gonna let him speak.
"He has some work to do in the woods. Our presence interrupts their work." Jax made his statement.
"I hate this trip." Maddy was in love with the place. I guessed she didn't wanted to leave. Wording, she moved stomping into her tent.
"So ..the last moment huh?" Mear seemed sad too. She sat there again in upset.

Everyone dispersed. I saw Jax was quite sad. I saw he was in grief about something serious since I disappeared into the woods. I was sure that the cause wasn't me. I saw him leave into his tent with Wyborne.
"Sally." A sudden thought breaking voice reached me. I turned around. It was Dutches. She ran towards me from the into of the woods. Why is she running that way?
My sight then caught My diary in her hands. She reached me and then took a heavy breath.
"What is it? Why are you.." I saw her looking in the distant woods. "Heyy...tell me. What is it?"
She then sighed and replied. "I don't know. I was..."
"Take some air. No hurries."
She seemed scared about something. I was confused. She was grabbing the diary to her chest and then looking in the woods. She seemed she ran from extreme danger.
She then grabbed my hand and said,"Not here. Somewhere safe."
"Okayy...To my tent."

Authors note:
Hey readers,
I know the story is getting a lil slow.... But the further chapters are super Mysterious.

Well I am looking forward for the thrill of the end... What is on you?

And don't forget to vote.