Chapter 32

"Oh gosh. Not the bridge." I saw Madison as she halted just five feets away from the bridge.
"What is it, Maddy?" Wybie asked her.
"Well. I was thinking... Is there not any other way..to the castle. I mean maybe..anything but not a bridge."
Her words showed her fear of heights.
"Hey . The bridge is meant to support you from falling down in the river, right? So why fear." I explained her.
"What fear? And me? No. It's just....... Yeah I fear heights." She confessed.

After a long efforts of convincing and gathered courage for Maddy, we had finally crossed the bridge.

There was a narrow passage line with grey stones. We headed in and took a turn. To my surprise, there was a girl standing in the way.

She stood at the way to the door, leaning against the stone wall

She stood at the way to the door, leaning against the stone wall. She was total black uniformed with boots and full sleeved thin outfit. Her hairs were thin and straightened with off-white highlights.

We stared at her as she turned towards us. I could now see her face. She looked much like a human except for her vampire teeth and wholely blackout eyes. Now she seemed much dangerous.

He headed towards Jax who stood at the most front. She folded her hands looked from the top till the bottom. I guessed she never saw a human.

"Hi there. I am Wyborne Mendes." He was the first one to break it. He said as he lended a hand to shake.

The girl, who had now her attention on Wybie, stared at him as if she'd bite his face off.

"Human?" She finally said something.
"Yea. Yea.   Humans." Wendy replied an instant.
"We are here to meet the Queen of Stoneland." Jax tried to tell her.

She didn't say a word. Just stared at up.
I then whispered a bit loud, "Guys . I think she's the monster that Hagus was talking about."
"Yea. Look at her teeth." Dutches continued me." Maybe she's a vampire."
She's listening." Maddy murmured.
""She doesn't understand English. She's a..."

"I do." I was paused by her. It was strange and embarrassing,as she had heard it. "And I am not a Vampire."

She walked upto me and said,"I am Vency. Vency Browns of the mountains."
"Is Vency your name?" Wendy asked her.
"Yes." She replied. "Why do you wish to meet the Queen?" She asked turning to Dutches.

"Is the answer necessary?" Jax asked her rudely.

She raised an eyebrow and turned to him. "You know. If humans come in Stoneland-a land that was hidden for them since when, it is a call for danger."

I looked at Jax. The girl was correct. Surely goblins made a danger to human world.
"We are here to ask for the Slate of Wishes. Not to steal. But to beg for it." Dutches tried to calm Vency.
At her say, Vency looked at Dutches suspiciously.
"Come." She said and walked away. We followed her.

"I am the protector of the Queen. It is my responsibility to check for strangers." She explained as we walked up the stairs.

Now we halted in front of a huge stone door.

"Who's gonna knock it?" Maddy asked playfully.
"Well I push it and enter in." Wyborne replied as he rolled his sleeves up.
"Halt." Vency shouted, annoyed by the kiddish act of us. She went up to the door and knocked it in a rhythmic way. I sensed a passcode. The door opened.

"Keep your childish humanity to yourselves. I am afraid your careless attitude will make you return empty handed." Vency said as we followed her inside.

Hey readers, stay tuned. The end is just the beginning. Hope you are enjoying.

5 more chapters to go!

Keep voting.