(Chapter 10) That Day

It was so strange. Someone was missing out. Well, let's say missing out as in mind. Guess who?

Grimmjow.

You were by now used at him being complete asshole, yelling around and always hearing his strong voice. But today it was like he wasn't there. He was really really silent. Ever since he muttered 'Naomi' name he was like little bug. His mind was elsewhere he wasn't in mood for coffee and was even more focused to tire himself out with too much work. To this point it even worried you too, even though you weren't too found of the guy.

Rain was falling to your luck since it calmed you down, cleaning the windows of the shop for slight bit,  and car standing outside since there were crazy people that want to shop on this rainy day.

Why can't their car stop working and they never come to the shop. Your thoughts tried to make you happy as you were sitting, cleaning the old marker prices from the shoes, hearing voices of Ichigo and Renji for some arrangement that you lost interest for when you put some of the classic sad music. You did had reason for doing so. It wasn't your day either.

You sighed when the voice interrupted you.

Renji: Let me guess. Grimmjow.

Your name: Pft as If... Not like I am curious about that asshole!

Renji: I am not supposed to tell you anyways. 

Your name: What are you on about? 

Renji: See? Curious. You care. But No, sorry can't do. Just gonna ignore ya. 

Kurosaki: Oh, Hey Your name... 

He eyed you strangely.

Kurosaki: Don' t tell me you are too...

You just look away trying to act up and lie.

Your name: I really don't know what are you trying to say...?

Kurosaki: Oh you know... Uh i thought you too... 

He just smiled.

Kurosaki: Never mind. 

Kurosaki just walked away trying to keep himself busy with something. 

Your name: What's up with him?

Renji: He lost him mom on this day. You know how there was a big explosion made by hollows at the town near Karakura? 

You gripped your necklace. as memories decide that it was smart to attack you. Stop you stupid brain, don't make me remember! 

You mentally yelled. Shit.. no you can't cry in front of him... go out.. go out...

Your name: Uh.... Y.. yeah... OH RIGHT I FORGOT THE SHOES! GONNA GO AND FINISH THEM BYE BYE RENJI!!!!

Renji: Wait.. Your name.... shoes are the other way?...!

He just looked at you walking out waving your hand.  You stood at the rain, your cheeks shining from rain, and from tears. 

On this day, you lost someone really precious to you too, one of the people you were really close with

You felt someone's hand on your shoulder just turning you towards him. 

Grimmjow: Oi, you are gonna catch a cold goddamn wom--

He saw your eyes, which were surprised and red.

He looked at the side for a moment trying to ignore the memory and pain that it bring. 

Grimmjow: Who was it?

Your name: Someone really close to me. ( The person you lost).  ( I am just gonna think of some person and you turn on your mind and try to relate to the character. )

Your name: You? 

You said it above a whisper. 

Grimmjow: Someone I really loved.

You weren't sure should you say the name you've heard yesterday, but since you opened up a bit to him, you had nothing to lose.

Your name: Naomi?

Grimmjow's eyes shifted to yours, you never saw that kinda of look on him, full of regret and pain, grudge he held against himself, but he stopped his mind, his brain from telling more than it should.

Grimmjow: She was stubborn fuck just as you.

Your name: I am sorry...

He had to stop you from continuing, he couldn't handle it to think about her, it was not the time or place for it. Just he should work... he must work... 

Grimmjow: Great. Now we are both wet. 

You both walked in, with surprised Rukia yelling at you two.

Rukia: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO TRYING TO--

Ichigo just gripped her shoulder nodding his head.

Ichigo: Don't Rukia. 

You were having quite a busy day with a lot of customers buying things, with their kids killing time some of them even trying to hit up on you.

Your day was shit. Didn't these people felt slightly sorry for damn Hollow incident? And your boss cmon why did she made you work on this fucking day? 

While walking near clothing department upstairs, Renji and Grimmjow were unpacking some lamps and chandeliers, fixing them so the buyers could see them. They would talk a bit and then the silence would continue, but the customers you had at the moment were two really annoying guys in their 30ish searching for the clothes and trying them on.

You sighed Renji giving you thumbs up, and you waving at him and then looking at the two.

"Today is rather sad day isn't it?"

Other guy tried to start conversation with you, and you weren't really in mood to talk about it.

Your eyes met Grimmjow's and then you look at the customer.

"It is... lot of people lost their loved ones."

"Yeah shame indeed. He mumbled.

You were waiting on other dude to try jeans and few other shirts he picked. Just letting your mind go wild.

"Did you lose someone?"