Chapter 16

When Zali went back to class, there were two hunters in suits standing at the back of her class watching. One of them tried to make a pass at Izzy, but Marcus had none of it.

Zali just bit her tongue and tried to stay out of any conflict. Luckily no one dragged her into it.

However she felt so useless when she looked over to Vanessa's desk and seeing it vacant. She wished that there was some way she could prevent her parents for ruining her life.

How could someone hate their daughter for something out of their control? It was honestly disgusting. Not only that but they ruined her life, and took everything away from her. Now she was trapped in Izzy's pocket dimension otherwise she would be hunted to death.

She wished she could visit without arousing suspicion, but there wasn't much she could do at the moment. The hunters were eyeing the whole class for any sign of betrayal.

They targeted Izzy since she was also a demon, but Marcus denied them of any advancements. They would not bully the poor succubus.

Though, if Izzy saw them as a threat, she would likely deal with them with the least amount of pain.

But Izzy was getting back at the hunters for tormenting her. She was making them participate in her lesson, and proving how even grown hunters had much difficulty with transmutation.

"Surely you can turn the rock into a blade? You see them all the time." Izzy asked the hunter who now stood beside her holding the rock in his palm as he stared intently at it.

"We never had to do this in my offensive magic course. What does this have to do with fighting?" He asked her.

She smile and held out her hand. The hunter handed her the rock, and like she was molding clay the rock turned into a small dagger decorated in gold and silver engravings.

She tossed the knife up in her hand, and caught it by the end of the blade before throwing it elegantly like she had practiced her whole life.

The dagger stabbed into the head of one of the practice dummies, the blade buried completely in its forehead.

"Certain mages, myself included use wards to prevent high magic damage or to negate it all together. In order to bypass this, using weapons like blades can be used to negate the ward completely. If ever unarmed, turning a stick into a sword is an invaluable skill." She explained.

"What about a gun?" The hunter asked. "Wouldn't that be better?"

"Bullets can be stopped in certain wards. But a swing from a weapon is an extension of your own being. Adding magic to it in an enchantment can make them far more deadly than any gun. However, guns are wonderful for the element of surprise. Wards cannot stop objects without intense concentration. So using a sniper to get the better of a demon is a good way to go."

"Why are you telling him that? He's trying to kill you." A student asked.

"Kill a defenseless teacher? Bah. He would only prove that humans are the real monsters, so I doubt he'll do anything of the sort. At least not in the middle of class." Izzy shrugged.

The hunter glared at Isirona before moving to the back of the room, allowing the lesson to continue as normal.

The day couldn't go by sooner.

---

Zali stepped out of the school, her book bag hung over her shoulder. Isirona stretched beside her. "Ready to go home?" She asked.

"Don't you have work to take care of?" Zali questioned.

"They don't want me at the school. They're afraid I'll interfere with the investigation." Izzy answered.